BioMed Realty is looking for an experienced System Administrator who can provide face-to-face, phone and email support to users across the company for software and hardware issues. The successful candidate will maintain computer and network systems by installing, upgrading, configuring, and troubleshooting workstations, servers and networks at multiple locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure, maintain and implement desktops, notebooks, mobile devices and network systems.
- Perform desktop, system and network troubleshooting and installations.
- Respond to phone, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Create and maintain users in Active Directory.
- Provide end user support and training.
- Setup and assist in meetings across all departments.
- Monitoring and supporting critical systems in a 24/7 environment.
- Travel to regional offices and properties are required.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate degree and/or continuing education in Computer Science preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of experience of providing computer support and system administration required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Mac OS, Windows Server, Exchange Server and SQL Server and mobile devices.
- Experience with system deployment in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Solid background in TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows networking environment.
- Experience with SAN or NAS configurations and solutions.
- Ensure all nightly updates and backups run properly and recover data as required by users and/or system issues.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining network firewalls required.
- Telecommunication system programming experience desired.
- Experience in performing system installations, technology migrations, hardware upgrades, and repairs.
- Hands-on experience resolving networking, desktop and mobile device configuration issues.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under specific deadlines, while working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Quick learner with the motivation to investigate and learn new technology.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.