Senior Product Designer
Reporting to: Head of Product Design
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across hundreds of major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
As a Product team member at Bilt, you’ll be instrumental in shaping what products we build and how our users interact with them. You’ll be reporting to our Head of Product Design and leading the design initiatives within our Consumer Pod, tailoring consumer-facing experiences that align with both user needs and business objectives.
In this role, you will…
- Own product development end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Build wireframes and prototypes to that convey your ideas and communicate your solutions to the broader team & stakeholders
- Conduct research and utilize data to inform product decisions while keeping the customer at the center of everything
- Work alongside engineers to ensure the product is implemented to exacting standards and a high level of polish
- Ship, measure and improve the product based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Identify future opportunities, working as a thought partner to the Product, Engineering, Loyalty, and Growth teams
- Define our design system and scale it thoughtfully so as to maintain consistency and cohesiveness throughout our products
Who you are:
- You’ve got great instincts for what users want and how they think, but you aren’t afraid to go get the data you need to make product decisions.
- You’re a storyteller, both verbally and visually, and you can create insightful user stories and prototypes that align the team around product features.
- You don’t just deliver mockups—you work with other teams to deliver a holistic user experience that encompasses technical logic, edge cases, accessibility, product marketing, and success metrics.
- You’re not an engineer, but you know their lingo and you have the chops to balance product scope with engineering effort.
- You can work fast and loose if needed—but you also understand when process and structure are necessary, and you’ve got ideas about how to implement them.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 5-10 years of product design or UX design experience, or combined product management and design experience
- A portfolio showing high-quality, impactful UX, UI, and product work
- Mastery in wireframing and prototyping tools, including Figma.
- Experience in UX Analytics and Research is a plus
- Experience in Product Management is a plus
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Senior Product Designer is $150,000 - 190,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance-based bonus.