Role: Director, IT & Security
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees
What’s the role?
As the Director of IT & Security at Bilt, you’ll join a renowned team that is transforming the future of renting. You will play a key role in growing Bilt’s relationships with our most important partners and developing our engagement strategies. With an abundance of unclaimed opportunities ahead of us, you’ll be at the forefront of a team that grows Bilt’s transformative platform across the $500 billion rental payment market. This is an NYC based role and this person is expected to be in office majority of the time.
In this role you will:
- Develop, execute and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management
- Help draft IT security compliance policies and ensure accurate implementation (familiarity with SOC-2, ISO-27001 or PCI desirable)
- Organize and automate all aspects of workforce identity and access management (understanding of Okta, Google Workspace, Kandji, Slack, Zoom, Dropbox)
- Own the MDM solution across a fleet of Mac and Windows based mobile devices
- Manage the internal IT support function at Bilt Rewards and ensure all ongoing cases are handled in an efficient and timely manner - majority Mac users with a few PCs
- Implement and support physical security and networking (familiarity with deploying solutions like Ubiquiti, Cisco Meraki etc)
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices
- Monitor & Investigate security breaches
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
Annual base salary range is $180,000 - 250,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.