Role: Director, Fraud Prevention
Reporting to: Head of Card
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees
What’s the role?
As the Director of Fraud Prevention, you will be responsible for fraud prevention across the business, including loyalty program abuse, ACH/Check/bank account fraud, credit card fraud (in partnership with Wells Fargo’s Risk Management team). You will own fraud prevention end-to-end, from identifying fraudulent behaviors or areas to improve existing fraud strategies to determining and implementing solutions. You will work across functions closely with the Head of Card, the Head of Loyalty, the COO, the Head of Engineering, Head of Product and CISO.
In this role you will:
- Identify opportunities to prevent fraud and develop and implement strategies to mitigate fraud while balancing ease of customer experience
- Monitor customer interactions and mitigate fraudulent behaviors
- Enforce Bilt policies for fraudulent actors (including working closely with Bilt’s GC, external counsel and law enforcement on investigating and pursuing remedies for fraud)
- Learn from and work closely with the Head of Credit Card Risk Management and Credit Card Fraud team at Wells Fargo to implement joint fraud management strategies
- Work with a number of other critical partners (e.g., Bilt’s banking partners, Mastercard, fraud prevention vendors etc.) to implement fraud prevention strategies
Who you are:
You are a dynamic versatile problem-solver who is detail oriented and able to identify opportunities for improvement and see solutions end-to-end. You are solution-oriented – looking for ways to mitigate / prevent fraud while delivering best-in-class customer experience and reduce friction. You work well with internal and external teams to develop strategies and implement solutions. Prior fraud experience is a plus, but not required for a quick-learner who can solve complex, nuanced problems efficiently.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 4+ years’ experience in risk/fraud/credit at a bank/lender (credit card or deposit focus is a plus) OR tier 1 investment banking
- Strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills to work across functions internally and externally with partners
- Strong judgment and ability to solve complex and nuanced problem
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Director, Fraud Prevention is 150 - 200K and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.