What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Launched in June 2021, Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees. In September 2021, Bilt announced a $60 million growth round valuing the company at $350 million.
What’s the role?
As a Product team member at Bilt, you’ll be instrumental in shaping what products we build and how our users interact with them. You’ll be reporting to our Head of Product and will an instrumental part of our product development. You’ll also be at the forefront of a team that’s breaking new ground in the rental industry and increasing access to homeownership for our generation.
In this role you will:
- Own product development end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Build wireframes and prototypes to that convey your ideas and communicate your solutions to the broader team & stakeholders
- Utilize data to inform product decisions while keeping the customer at the center of everything
- Work alongside engineers to ensure the product is implemented to exacting standards and a high level of polish
- Ship, measure and improve the product based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Identify future opportunities, working as a thought partner to the Product, Engineering, Loyalty, and Growth teams
- Define our design system and scale it thoughtfully so as to maintain consistency and cohesiveness throughout our products
Who you are:
- You’ve got great instincts for what users want and how they think, but you aren’t afraid to go get the data you need to make product decisions.
- You’re a storyteller, both verbally and visually, and you can create insightful user stories and prototypes that align the team around product features.
- You don’t just deliver mockups—you work with other teams to deliver a holistic user experience that encompasses technical logic, edge cases, accessibility, product marketing, and success metrics.
- You’re not an engineer, but you know their lingo and you have the chops to balance product scope with engineering effort.
- You can work fast and loose if needed—but you also understand when process and structure are necessary, and you’ve got ideas about how to implement them.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 5-7 years of product design or UX design experience, or combined product management and design experience
- A portfolio showing high-quality, impactful UX, UI and product work
- Proficiency in wireframing and prototyping tools, including Figma
- Experience in Product Management is a plus
“Bilt believes in paying our employees based on market rates and on experience. If you believe your salary should be higher than the listed range please let us know.”
Annual base salary range is $125,000 - 225,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.
Bilt Rewards is a Kairos company. For more information, visit www.kairoshq.com