Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics companies to help transform prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of patient lives?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17), ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $200M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only prenatal screen that directly assesses the baby's risk for common and severe inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and hemoglobinopathies from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother.
We are currently looking for a high-performing Staff Software Engineer to join our high functioning Development team. The ideal candidate will have experience performing in a full life-cycle development, love seeing your work positively affect your colleagues and patients, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this could be a great opportunity for you. In this role, you can make an impact both through many small tools and large product development in a fast-paced environment. This is a remote position, but you may also work from our office in Menlo Park CA if you’re in the area.
Projects you may work on include:
- Enhancing our Patient and Physician Portals for the modern, discerning customer.
- Work with Scientists and BioInformaticians to expand our offerings into assays that have never before been possible.
- Build out our API and UI Framework to enable quick iteration in modern languages
- Overhaul our infrastructure for performance as we grow 3x each year
Technologies we use include React, TypeScript, Jest/Enzyme, Recoil, React hooks, Storybook, Django / Django rest framework, Python, Postgres, AWS
- 10+ years as a software engineer
- You prefer to work on a interdisciplinary team (combining the strengths of scientists, clinicians, bioinformatics and hardware engineers, product managers, etc)
- You prefer and specialize in Front End development, but you’re also productive working on the Back End when needed.
- Very strong React/TypeScript expertise
- Experience with a web framework in Python (Django highly preferred)
- You have the experience to recommend architecture and the knowledge to back it up with solid reasoning
- Strong desire to make an impact both through many small tools and large product development in a fast-paced environment
- Django rest framework
- Previous Healthcare industry experience
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of a (1) base pay range (actual amount offered is based experience and salary/equity options split that the candidate chooses) (2) generous equity options offering, on top of (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid parental leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay range is: $200,000 to $225,000 per year.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.