Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and be a pioneer for an industry-leader who is impacting the lives of millions?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17), ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $200M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY Screen™ is the first and only prenatal screen that directly assesses the baby's risk for common and severe inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and hemoglobinopathies from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother.
We are looking for a Reagent Manufacturing Associate to join our growing superstar Process Engineering team responsible for producing molecular reagents used internally in our high throughput CLIA lab for patient testing. The RMA I is responsible for working independently to make medium to high complexity reagents following established manufacturing protocols, contributing to production assignments and tasks with high quality and timely output. This is an onsite role.
- Manufacture medium and high complexity reagents in a molecular manufacturing lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (micropipettes, liquid handlers, thermal cyclers, centrifuges, sealers, sonicator, etc.)
- Use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques (small volume pipetting, plating, quantitation, visual inspection)
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced, including deviations
- Inventory management
- Lab maintenance such as labware cleaning and equipment maintenance as needed
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep manufacturing on track
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in biology, chemistry, or clinical related sciences
- At least 6 months of experience with molecular biology techniques in a research or clinical laboratory
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- Previous clinical laboratory experience is preferred
- Start-up experience
- Knowledge of medical genetics
- Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousands patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of (1) competitive base pay, (2) the opportunity for professional growth, and (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid parental leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay rate is: $25 per hour.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.