Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17), ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $100M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only prenatal screen that directly assesses the baby's risk for common and severe inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and hemoglobinopathies from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother.
- Manufacture medium and high complexity reagents in a molecular manufacturing lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (micropipettes, liquid handlers, thermalcyclers, centrifuges, sealers, sonicator, etc.)
- Use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques (small volume pipetting, plating, quantitation, visual inspection)
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced, including deviations
- Inventory management
- Lab maintenance such as labware cleaning and equipment maintenance as needed
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep manufacturing on track
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in biology, chemistry, or clinical related sciences
- At least 6 months of experience with molecular biology techniques in a research or clinical laboratory
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask and work independently
- Previous clinical laboratory experience is preferred
- Start-up experience
- Knowledge of medical genetics
- Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay
- Generous equity package
- Suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 90% of Gold PPO plan
- Extremely generous Medical, Pregnancy, Parental and Family Leaves
- Retirement savings program with 4% Company matching
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.