Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics companies to transform prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of patient lives?
BillionToOne (ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies, with more than $100M in funding) is looking for a Senior Scientist to enhance our development team responsible for driving innovative next-gen sequencing, liquid handling automation, and bioinformatics solutions to our high-growth clinical laboratory. This is an extremely impactful scientist role who will own assay chemistry improvements as we scale our clinical laboratory another 10x in the next 2-3 years.
- Lead NGS library prep improvements as a part of laboratory scaling efforts, in collaboration with robotics automation and bioinformatics teams.
- Design experiments and review data to validate new diagnostic/screening assays, procedures, and instruments.
- Provide expert technical judgement for CLIA laboratory processes including process validations and the transfer of new methodologies to clinical operations.
- Collaborate with clinical and other R&D teams to transfer new products and procedures into the CLIA laboratory
Who You Are:
- PhD in biological sciences, bioengineering, chemistry, chemical engineering or related discipline with extensive molecular biology lab experience
- Very strong hands-on experience and first-principles approach to molecular biology, analytical chemistry tools, and NGS library prep (PCR, DNA purification, electrophoresis, etc.)
- Ability to analyze high-throughput experimental data (e.g. in python or R) to iterate and refine experiment design
- Stellar written technical communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Laboratory automation experience
- Experience working under regulatory environments such as CLIA, CAP, or FDA
- Start-up experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay
- Generous equity package
- Suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 90% of Gold PPO plan
- Extremely generous Medical, Pregnancy, Parental and Family Leaves
- Retirement savings program with 4% Company matching
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings