Billie is looking for a Packaging Engineer to join our packaging design & operations team! In this role, you’ll cover categories ranging from new product launches and product maintenance, to cost savings and sustainability while working closely with leadership and cross-functional partners.
Additionally, you will be in direct communication with external packaging suppliers and contract manufacturers to verify quality, accuracy, and design across all projects. If your passion is presenting and executing exceptional quality during all areas of product development, keep on reading!
What you’ll do
- Drive innovative and materials for both primary and secondary components, resulting in industry leading packaging and sustainability
- Maintain project timelines, tasks, and costs to ensure on-time, on-cost launches of new products
- Manage all aspects of component specification development, BOM creation and document retention for packaging components
- Define components/finished good specifications and defect ranges to facilitate an optimized process flow from component manufacture through mass production
- Compile samples, quotes, and specifications required for internal testing on both primary, secondary and tertiary packaging components
- Investigate and lead cost savings and sustainability efforts on packaging materials across all business segments
- Liaise with contract manufacturers to ensure packaging is optimized for the production environment
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a packaging role, preferably within personal care, beauty or related industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Sciences or Package Engineering preferred knowledge and/or preferably experience with:
- Extrusion Blow Molding & Injection Molding
- Dispensing Systems
- Decoration techniques for both primary and secondary packaging
- Secondary packaging: folding cartons, enclosures, set-boxes, corrugated
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency to facilitate organized, accurate and effective project launches
- Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills coupled with an ability to handle multiple projects in parallel
- Competent communication and presentation skills with an ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and suppliers
- A proactive and collaborative approach; you love working with people and people love working with you
The salary range for this position is $95 - 105. Actual base salary offered to a candidate may vary based upon factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance.
Billie, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs.