BillFront is offering technology and media companies worldwide a user friendly and scalable financing solution. Since our start in 2015, we've continuously grown our customer base and credit volumina in Europe, the USA, and Asia. We are part of the FinLeap group, Europe’s biggest FinTech company builder. BillFront is headquartered in the heart of Berlin with offices in London and New York. Our team is growing and we want you to be a part of it.
Our tech (TL;DR Rails / Clojure / ClojureScript / AWS)
We have a core Rails application, well tested and maintained - running of course on Rails 6.1 & Ruby 3.0. We have a GraphQL API for our internal use, almost all business logic in service objects. We rely on proven libs like Postgres, Devise, Sidekiq, Pundit etc.
We are writing more and more parts of our backend in Clojure, with currently a double digit number of services written in it. We dipped our toes into Kafka and want to use it more in the future.
Our frontend consists of two single page applications written with ClojureScript, re-frame & react. Parts of the admin area we haven’t yet moved to the SPA are server side rendered pages by Rails, often containing dynamic sections with the same tech as the SPAs.
We’re strong believers in test driven development, continuous delivery and immutable infrastructure - for example we use Docker in development, on CI and in production. The entire infrastructure is hosted on AWS and managed with Terraform.
We constantly strive to improve our tech, trying technologies like GraphQL/Kafka, keeping libs up to date and improving our own tooling.
Where do you come in?
In this role you will shape and own the product end-to-end that is used to manage a portfolio of several million Euro. You will work together with the developers and stakeholders in other teams to design, build and deploy features. You will be slowly introduced into all aspects of our platform, from the hosting via the backend to the frontend.
Your contributions will directly influence the success of our company and of our customers. Our young team of eleven entrepreneurs from six nations is based in Berlin. In the center of the European start up hub, you’ll find a vibrant developer community with its members coming from all over the world.
What will make you successful?
The more boxes you check the better:
- Very good knowledge of Clojure and/or Rails or similar languages. If you don’t know Ruby or Clojure, we expect a strong interest to learn
- Eager to learn, keen to succeed. You will be challenged at BillFront, but the result will be rewarding
- Striving to deliver clean and well tested code
- Being a quick learner
- Enjoying working in a startup environment with quite some freedom, self motivated
- You’re interested in more than just code, but also in the team and the business
- Good spoken and written proficiency in English. Good communicator. German is not required
- You get a subsidized monthly ticket for public transport
- Visa process & relocation support
- We’re a proud supporter of Clojurists Together.