Bikky was founded with the mission of helping restaurants restore their most valuable asset: the relationships with their guests. By aggregating guest data across in-store and online channels (from point-of-sale, to reservations, to delivery, to loyalty), Bikky’s omnichannel CRM software helps restaurants best understand their customer base in the digital world.
Our committed and growing team operates to be true partners and to help restaurants grow their revenue. Restaurants are increasingly underserved with fragmented and misaligned solutions. We are working to solve this with a product that assists restaurants do the things they do best.
We believe restaurants are the backbone of our communities, where guests gather to celebrate life's memorable moments, jobs are created, and money is invested back into those neighborhoods, stimulating the entire ecosystem.
We are headquartered in NYC and hiring.
About the role
If you’re looking to kick off your career in sales, Bikky is looking for a motivated, ambitious, and scrappy first sales hire to join our growing team. Bikky’s first Sales Development Representative will be responsible for creating opportunities for new business at the very top of Bikky’s sales funnel. This is a critical role for the company, as these are the activities that primarily drive our revenue growth.
It’s also an opportunity to get creative - we’re early on in this journey and this hire will have the opportunity to work with the Head of Revenue and the CEO to craft the most effective and efficient sales funnel, including new methods of prospecting and generating leads. You’ll also collaborate with the rest of the company, ensuring that product and process feedback is heard across teams and that everyone is aware of predominant industry trends.
- You never back down from a challenge. Both rejection and validation are motivating to you and are opportunities to continue honing your craft. You’re relentless and you know the only way to handle rejection is to try again
- You know that sales is strategic. Every conversation is different, you think dynamically and remain calm under pressure.
- You believe the best process is derived through experimentation and iteration, and you are never satisfied. When you believe in the product you are selling, you are excited to share it with the world.
- You believe in the mission and vision of Bikky to help restaurants restore their guest journey and to empower local communities.
- Research Bikky’s database on potential customers to come up with the best prospective partners to reach out to.
- Research industry-leading heads of marketing and operations to determine which prospects are best suited for Bikky’s services.
- Responsible for all initial sales outreach, with the goal of setting meetings as necessary for the sales team, inclusive of cold calling and cold emailing prospects as necessary.
- Own our inbound channels, such as leads generated from webinars, podcasts, forms, and ebook downloads.
- Add prospects to marketing campaigns and contribute to our overall lead creation goals
- Observe sales calls and closes with Head of Revenue to better understand sales cycle, process, and hone your skills for future responsibilities.
- Cold calling and cold emailing prospects as necessary
- No sales experience required!
- You’re self-motivated and coachable: you don’t need somebody to tell you to do your job, but you welcome feedback.
- Sales isn’t something you’re thinking about, it’s something you’re passionate about.
- You’ll never back down from a challenging conversation and you love to think on your feet.
- Comfortable and competent having conversations via videoconference and email.
- Eager to learn from experienced sales professionals and grow a career in tech sales.
- A fantastic, positive attitude with an emphasis on problem solving, teamwork, and navigating the ambiguity of an early-stage company.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Why work for Bikky?
- We are passionate about serving a long-overlooked and underserved community of hardworking restaurant owners and operators
- We value learning, taking chances, candidly expressing our views, and most importantly, moving forward together.
- Finally, we prioritize diversity in all its forms: gender, socioeconomic, political, racial, religious, and cultural.
- Fair and equitable compensation packages with generous equity terms
- Company-provided healthcare, including medical, vision, and dental
- We have an office in downtown NYC and also offer a flexible remote work policy
- Laptop and other office equipment needs
- Flexible vacation policy, and we encourage you to take time to recharge
- Paid parental leave policy
- Opportunity to positively influence an industry with a compassionate and determined team