At Beyond Finance, we’ve made it our mission to help everyday Americans escape the endless cycle of crippling debt and step into a brighter financial future. Through compassionate, individualized care, supportive user-centric technology, and customized financial solutions, we’ve helped over 300,000 clients on their path to a debt-free life.
While we’re proud of what we’ve already accomplished (over $2 billion in resolved debt), we're searching for new collaborators to help us get to the next level! If you’re looking to join a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organization with helping people as its number one goal, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
Our technology team works to build, launch, and evolve our internal applications and consumer-facing web applications. We implement modern agile best practices and fully automated CI/CD pipelines. The SDET role focuses on verifying the quality and reliability of the software. A Senior SDET brings experience and understanding to the team. You must be results-driven and able to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly-growing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management to find and close requirements gaps and create test plans
- Work closely with Software Engineers to deliver new functionality
- Investigate and resolve complex bugs in unfamiliar code
- Mentor other team members on best practices as well as testing and automation strategies
- Offer code reviews on SDET pull requests
- Troubleshoot test and tool failures with no prior context
What We Look For
- 4+ years of experience testing software applications
- Ability to setup and maintain a local Ruby on Rails environment
- Strong understanding of RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to understand and help maintain a code pipeline
- Ability to prioritize and deliver stories independently, communicate bugs and risks
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to validate data changes or troubleshoot issues
- Bonus points for experience using BrowserStack and/or Wraith
Want to learn more about our engineering department? Read Day in the Life of a Beyond Finance Software Engineer
Why Join Us?
While you make a difference for others, we’ll work to make a difference for you, providing an uplifting, collaborative work environment and benefits that reflect your value to us. For eligible full-time employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental, and vision programs
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
And finally, our team spirit and culture! We cultivate an environment of community, connection, and belonging across our entire organization.
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance HR team. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond HR team.