Beyond is looking for a diligent DevOps with a passion for technology and operational efficiency to join our buzzing London office to work on varied projects with our prestigious clients.
What will you be doing?
You will channel your tech and operational passion to create clear, concise Runbooks and easy to follow documentation, working with different tech stacks, different clients, and also on internal projects.
You will use your strong interpersonal skills to work alongside smart cross functional team members across the globe and be trusted by the team to collaborate and suggest solutions to technical challenges.
You will also have a burning desire to extend your technological expertise and share your knowledge and best practices with the team.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with development or operations background, therefore we expect you to have considerable knowledge of the following:
- Designing secure and scalable infrastructure using cloud IaaS platforms (primarily Google Cloud Platform, but any exposure to AWS would be beneficial)
- Supporting developers towards building scalable web applications based on Docker, Node.JS and Python.
- Building and configuring consistent deployment environments using automation (AWS SDK, Terraform, Cloud SDK)
- Experience in documenting infrastructure details through diagrams
- Managing databases and cache engines (relational, NoSQL and graph)
- Administration of Linux-based systems (Ubuntu, Bash scripting)
- Creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines (Bitbucket, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Administration of cloud based networking (VPN, VPC, Firewall and IP restriction)
- Setting up test suites/reports to run on Gitlab and Jenkins (unit/functional tests)
- Building reproducible development environments (Docker)
- Familiarity with application monitoring and analytics applications (e.g. Stackdriver, New Relic)
- Exposure to web application security concepts (OWASP, Vulnerability / Penetration Testing, Information Security e.g. PII).
- Familiarity with Information Security Management Systems based on ISO27001
- Application, infrastructure monitoring and alerts setup, ensuring incidents are reported and tickets are resolved in a timely fashion
- Management of hosting, domain and certificates (SSL, renewal)
- Production of clear instructions to developers through readme files or documentation repositories
- Working as part of Agile software development teams (sprints, standups, collaboration, gitflow)
- Familiarity with JIRA / Confluence administration
- Any Google or AWS certifications would be a benefit
- Willing to enjoy working with the development and QA teams from the early stages of the development lifecycle to detect and solve problems
- Willing to work with client tech teams to solve problems
- Willing to work with developers to configure environments and deployments
- Organised, operational mindset focused on tech efficiencies
- Calm and approachable, with a patient stance when solving problems
Why work with us?
Beyond is at the forefront of its industry. As we grow the London office, this role will really make a difference, providing significant growth potential. There are also offices in New York, Austin and San Francisco, allowing you to work with a wider global technology team as we define and implement technical procedures, tailored to us.
Perks of Working at Beyond
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome new office space with agile working practices
- A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- Minimum of £500 flexible benefits allowance such as healthcare & dental
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off for free and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so a total of at least 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee