Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping vacation rental owners and managers be successful. Backed by the world class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business, and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
It's with that in mind that Beyond is looking to add a Financial Analyst to our growing team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will play a key role in building out the Company’s finance function by providing financial reporting and analysis that delivers value and drives business decisions. You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining financial models, distributing timely financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders, and working cross-functionally to support the business's financial objectives.
Before reading further...
Beyond is passionate about diversity and cultivating our team’s potential. If you’re hungry for a good opportunity, but don't meet every point in this job description, please apply anyway!
As our Financial Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining financial models for purposes of financial reporting and financial planning.
- Assisting in the annual planning and budget process, as well as updating monthly forecasts.
- Preparing monthly budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Supporting the development, implementation, and administration of compensation policies and programs.
- Calculating commissions, bonuses, and other incentive compensation, and maintaining reporting to provide insights on payouts and overall plan performance.
- Tracking and reporting relevant SaaS metrics to drive business performance.
- Assisting in calculation of partnership payments.
- Working cross-functionally to support the business's financial objectives
- Assisting with the preparation and review of Board materials and Company-wide presentations.
- Performing ad hoc analysis to support teams across the organization.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- A Team Player - you are able to collaborate with others to make awesome happen.
- Analytical and Curious - you are a high aptitude and inquisitive person.
- Self-Motivated – you have a go-getter mentality and don’t need micro management.
- Adaptable – you can think quickly on your feet and shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – being detail-oriented is your thing!
Now that we’ve told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business, or related fields.
- 1-3+ years of experience in corporate finance, consulting, or high-growth technology environments.
- SaaS experience preferred.
- Advanced-level modeling and Excel skills.
- SQL experience preferred but not required
- Proactive, thoughtful, and highly organized.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining an emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collectively with individuals at all levels.
So what can you expect after you apply? Your application will be personally reviewed by a member of the Beyond hiring team and if there is a match in your experience and the role, you will:
- Have a video conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about your experience and interest, but also an opportunity for you to learn more about us
- Interview with our Finance Manager, Sr. Financial Analyst and VP of Finance
- Complete an assignment and present it to the Finance Manager
- Have a final interview with our CTO/Cofounder
We are serious about our core values: We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It. If those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond offers a wide variety of benefits like: stock options, unlimited PTO, work from home office stipend, private health insurance and more! You can learn more about our benefits by visiting our careers site!
We Care about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints, and believe that our ability to help short term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.
Please review our GDPR and CCPA Statements here.