Beyond is looking for a diligent and fun-loving Senior Resource Manager to join our vibrant studio in San Francisco to be responsible for the orderly workflow and resource allocation for all work coming out of our San Francisco studio, from inception through program management. Additionally, you will oversee the resource management function in North America.
Full relocation package including visa sponsorship is available for the successful candidate currently based in the UK but willing to join our vibrant studio in San Francisco.
- Support and collaborate with program management team to develop scopes and staffing plans for all new business proposals
- Lead team design exercises, identifying and recommending team members that are best suited for the project or program based on availability and skills whilst considering other factors such as career paths, interests, conflicts, priority, etc.
- Assemble and allocate project teams in Beyond’s resource booking system and ensure all projects are set up with the appropriate rate cards
- Run weekly resource meeting with program management team and discipline leads and flag resourcing gaps to the Finance and the GM
- Proactively follow up with client services and program management teams to obtain updates on new business opportunities with the goal of securing resource needs ahead of time and successfully flowing new business into the studio.
- Management of shifting staffing plans and daily allocation updates in Glass Factory
- Identify + flag resourcing roadblocks/conflicts and be a strategic problem solver demonstrating empathy and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Proactively explore opportunities to maximise team utilisation
- Become a Glass Factory system expert and lead implementation, training, onboarding and daily troubleshooting for the SF studio.
- Identify freelancer support required for studio projects and partner with HR team to manage all freelance recruitment and onboarding
- Develop and maintain freelancer database for the studio including rates, skill sets, location, portfolio, and be a subject matter expert for the agency on freelancer rates and contractor's availability
- Manage all freelancer relationships, allocations, project work, and contract status
- Interface with GM and other office leads to proactively flag hiring needs ahead of the curve; then work with recruiting lead to help guide hiring process
Organisational Growth and Development Responsibilities:
- Develop rapport with managers to understand needs of their team on a development level to take into account when designing teams and planning workstreams
- Build out skills matrix / fingerprint tool that acts as data-driven framework to help inform team design decisions and map needs of different engagements
- Connect staffing needs with employee needs, maximising opportunity to help support individual employee development by matching people with opportunities
Reporting and Financial Responsibilities:
- Weekly reporting on studio capacity and forecasted freelancer bookings and spend
- Monthly and quarterly performance reporting summarising trends identified, hiring recommendations and other insights-based recommendations.
- Maintain resource management standards in North America
- Reporting on North America performance (utilisation, capacity, trends for all 3 studios in the US)
- Establish and facilitate all North America resource meetings and manage resourcing conflict resolution amongst studios
- Identify opportunities for cross-office teams and projects to drive higher utilisation and efficiency in North America
- Professional management of resource manager in another studio within the US
- Manage all freelancer usage, approvals and spend for North America
- 7 years of experience working in a digital trafficking or resource role, with at minimum of 2 year of experience working within an agency
- Experience working with resourcing platform, preferably Glass Factory
- Experience working with a digital and diverse team (strategists, developers, researchers, product designers, etc).
PERKS OF WORKING AT BEYOND
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome office space with agile working practices
- Competitive salary, a great health benefits plan matching 401(k)
- Paid parental leave, and loads of other perks
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive, fast paced but fun environment
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- 20 days annual leave your first year increasing to 25 days from the second year plus a week off at Christmas and a bonus holiday on your birthday just because we are awesome
Why work with us?
Beyond is at the forefront of its industry. This role will make a difference, providing significant growth potential to the business. There are also offices in New York and Austin allowing you to work with a wider global team as we define and implement procedures, tailored to us.
***We are open to talking about flexible working at interview stage. Want to know more? Ask us when you apply!**
If you think this role is a match for you, please submit your CV and optionally a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team. If you would like to know more about the role, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org via LinkedIn.
Recruitment Agencies - please note that we have an efficient in-house talent acquisition function and an established PSL. Please do not send us any unsolicited CVs and do not contact any Beyonder. Thank you.