Beyond is a design and technology ideas company with research at its heart. We are looking for an Director, Insights with 8+ years of experience to play an integral role in our growing our New York studio. The Director, Insights will help internal teams and clients make user-driven, evidence-based decisions around product design, business strategy, marketing, and content, and will have a proven ability to deliver insights from research in a narrative-driven format to non-researchers.
The ideal candidate will fulfill a hybrid role of researcher, data analyst, and digital strategist. We need someone with deep knowledge of a wide range of methodologies, and the ability to prescribe a well-reasoned research approach for projects and proposals.
The Director, Insights is expected to function as both a manager and an individual contributor. They will manage a team of researchers, providing oversight and coaching for growth and development. They will also need to conduct research and develop presentations, and help translate insights into actionable product or marketing strategies. Candidates must be able to confidently present their work, and build alignment among both clients and colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Rapidly assess a client challenge and prescribe a compelling research approach to inform a wide array of outcomes, including product design, business strategy, marketing, and content
- Independently plan and manage the end-to-end research process for qualitative and quantitative studies, including surveys, in-depth interviews, stakeholder interviews, focus groups, observational studies, usability testing (moderated and unmoderated), and analytics audits
- Create and present compelling presentations that capture relevant insights from research, and translate them into actionable strategies and recommendations
- Accurately estimate scope and resources required for conducting research
- Develop and nurture client relationships to uncover new research opportunities
- Partner closely with other disciplines (Strategy, UX, Product Management) to support the application of insights
- Coach and mentor other Insights team members, planning and working toward their long-term growth and development
- Partner with other Insights leaders in New York and San Francisco to develop processes and resources to make the Insights discipline more standardized, global, and efficient
- Leverage analytics to develop KPIs and measurement frameworks, conduct analytics audits, create ad hoc reports, and define custom segments
- Conduct secondary research, including competitive analyses and trend analyze
What you bring:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years of research experience, including 3+ years of working on digital products/services and 2+ years of management experience
- Significant experience in research execution and analysis (experience moderating interviews/focus groups and/or analyzing quantitative data is required)
- Proven ability to understand broader business objectives/challenges, and align recommendations accordingly
- Proven ability to deliver compelling, actionable insights from research, in a narrative-driven format to non-researchers
- Demonstrated thought leadership and critical thinking skills, as an individual contributor and when leading others
- Highly inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative; comfortable investigating and communicating opportunities to a wider product team
- Track record in contributing to multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization
Who you are:
- Creative, curious, optimistic and entrepreneurial
- Want to solve hard problems and make an impact
- Value the role of data in creative work, and vice versa
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Prize different perspectives and smarts without ego
- Embrace uncertainty and change as part of the process
- Will cultivate a work environment that’s respectful and fun
What we offer:
Beyond is a design and technology ideas company where everyone has a voice and job titles are just a starting point. On top of a competitive salary, we offer great health benefits, matching 401K, parental leave, training funds, free snacks, and loads of other perks. You’ll also get 20 days of PTO your first year, a week at Christmas, and your birthday off just because.