This role is based in Beyond’s San Francisco studio and will be responsible for the orderly workflow and resource allocation for all work coming out of our San Francisco studio, from inception through program management in addition to overseeing and managing the resource management function in North America.
***This position is for relocation to the San Francisco area***
- Support and collaborate with program management team to develop scopes and staffing plans for all new business proposals
- Lead team design exercises, identifying and recommending team members that are best suited for the project or program based on availability and skills whilst considering other factors such as career paths, interests, conflicts, priority, etc.
- Assemble and allocate project teams in Beyond’s resource booking system and ensure all projects are set up with the appropriate rate cards
- Run weekly resource meeting with program management team and discipline leads and flag resourcing gaps to the Finance and the GM
- Proactively follow up with client services and program management teams to obtain updates on new business opportunities with the goal of securing resource needs ahead of time and successfully flowing new business into the studio.
- Management of shifting staffing plans and daily allocation updates in Glass Factory
- Identify + flag resourcing roadblocks/conflicts and be a strategic problem solver demonstrating empathy and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Proactively explore opportunities to maximise team utilisation
- Become a Glass Factory system expert and lead implementation, training, onboarding and daily troubleshooting for the SF studio.
- Identify freelancer support required for studio projects and partner with HR team to manage all freelance recruitment and onboarding
- Develop and maintain freelancer database for the studio including rates, skill sets, location, portfolio, and be a subject matter expert for the agency on freelancer rates and contractor's availability
- Manage all freelancer relationships, allocations, project work, and contract status
- Interface with GM and other office leads to proactively flag hiring needs ahead of the curve; then work with recruiting lead to help guide hiring process
Organizational Growth + Development Responsibilities:
- Develop rapport with managers to understand needs of their team on a development level to take into account when designing teams and planning workstreams
- Build out skills matrix / fingerprint tool that acts as data-driven framework to help inform team design decisions and map needs of different engagements
- Connect staffing needs with employee needs, maximizing opportunity to help support individual employee development by matching people with opportunities
Reporting and Financial Responsibilities:
- Weekly reporting on studio capacity and forecasted freelancer bookings and spend
- Monthly and quarterly performance reporting summarizing trends identified, hiring recommendations and other insights-based recommendations.
- Maintain resource management standards in North America
- Reporting on North America performance (utilization, capacity, trends for all 3 studios in the US)
- Establish and facilitate all North America resource meetings and manage resourcing conflict resolution amongst studios
- Identify opportunities for cross-office teams and projects to drive higher utilization and efficiency in North America
- Professional management of resource manager in another studio within the US
- Manage all freelancer usage, approvals and spend for North America
- 7 years of experience working in a digital trafficking or resource role, with at minimum of 2 year of experience working within an agency
- Experience working with resourcing platform, preferably Glass Factory
- Experience working with a digital and diverse team (strategists, developers, researchers, product designers, etc).
PERKS OF WORKING AT BEYOND
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including the opportunity to work from our other offices in New York and London. You will get 20 days PTO your first year and 25 after one year (plus a nice week off at Christmas and a bonus holiday on your birthday). We also offer a matching 401K program and many other awesome benefit perks typically not seen in San Francisco.