You have talent. By happy coincidence, Beyond is looking for talent.
We're on the lookout for a Technical Architect (TA) that possesses a broad level of experience with technologies (front-end and server-side technologies), project lifecycles, and who is constantly looking for opportunities to innovate, and use emerging technologies creatively. You possess the ability to think of both the big conceptual/strategic ideas and the minute tactical details together at the same time, vetting one against the other to ensure the abstract vision is practical.
Above all, you’re an awesome human who loves being surrounded by — and collaborating with — smart, talented folks in a fun, fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you, reach out and show us what you’ve got.
About the role:
What does it mean to be a Technical Architect at Beyond? Well, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Help design beautiful experiences that transform the world around us
- Apply creative problem solving to all you do
- Dive deep into complex business processes and understand the technology platforms which support them
- Manage the overall tech implementation – from initial requirements gathering, through identifying the team and skill sets needed, project execution, and launch
- Integrate 3rd party systems and data pipelines, lead the technical delivery team and work with senior engineers and subject matter experts to identify and resolve issues
- Determine the build processes, CI & CD pipelines along with data security protocols
- Translate complex technical considerations into language that non-technical clients can understand and use to make informed decisions
- Review the pros and cons of different approaches or products, and make recommendations on the best technical platform for delivery
- Work with other teams to ensure the development team is aware of the items to-do and priority in guiding development while making sure those other groups understand the technical plan, opportunities, and challenges
- Host considerations for both cloud and on-prem, including price forecasting and if needs be, policies for spot instance bidding.
- Initial scoping of the engagement based on information either provided by clients or our own suggested initiatives, asking any clarifying questions to better determine level of effort and timing
- Occasionally work onsite in client offices, collaborating with both client / 3rd Party engineers as part of the broader team
- Work flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
- Present your work and communicate thought and reasoning behind it to all audiences, internal and external
- 8+ years working with a variety of technologies and industries, including experience orchestrating cross-functional, enterprise level technical projects
- 3+ years working in an agency environment or contracting (working with different clients/platforms/systems) preferred
- Data stores (RDBMS, Document and Key Value Stores, Graph DBs, Search), 3rd party integrations, test plans and more
- Knowledge of Mapreduce, Big Data and Machine learning - Hadoop, BigQuery, Data warehousing
- High availability system design using principles such as Asynchronous programming, queueing strategies, event busses, ESB and PubSub.
- Uptime and DR Strategies with failure planning
- Semantic HTML to WCAG 2.0 AA
- CSS and post processors such as SASS and PostCSS
- Experience working with non-coded deliverables as inputs from other disciplines using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc.
- Practical released-to-production-level experience with various cloud platforms, with Google Cloud Platform and AWS highly preferred
- Extensive understanding of design patterns, general object-oriented and functional are programming best practices, using coding standards across multiple languages
We’re Beyond, a design company, and we’re focused on empowering you to leave a positive mark on the world. On top of a competitive salary, we offer great health benefits, matching 401K, parental leave, training funds, free snacks, and office dogs. Lots of office dogs. You’ll also get 20 days of PTO your first year, a week at Christmas, and your birthday off (just because).