Beyond is looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join the team in London. The successful candidate will partner with the Delivery Lead and client Technical Lead on the smooth running and delivery of the workstreams. Also to ensure the delivery of technical work is of consistent quality for the duration of the project, enabling seamless communication between the London Studio and embedded tech team while closely overseeing and contributing to the development of the workstream solutions. In addition, line management of up to 6 engineers and help them grow in their careers.
What will you be doing?
You will be working on the following outputs, with support from the tech team and the Tech Director who will oversee this role:
- Accountable for the quality of the technical output produced on the workstreams
- Work closely with the Product team to deliver quality work
- Set standards and guidelines for the technical team
- Enforce an optimal SDLC process, ensuring it is rooted in best practices from a development and security perspective
Hands on Capabilities:
- Experience with vanilla JS JS frameworks (Angular or React), Front End build tools, CSS3, HTML5
- Experience with node.js
- Familiar with python (2.7) and Webapp2
- Git, gitflow branching, linting, asset optimisation
- Familiar with native mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Develop clear, maintainable, scalable technical solutions
- Clearly translate the client needs into architectural models
- Practice clear solutions architecture methods
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform or AWS components
Leadership and Strategy:
- Coaching and mentoring the programme technical teams
- Liaising with all key stakeholders to maintain momentum
- Identify and develop a clear technical strategy to deliver the complex workstreams
- Line manage up to 6 engineers to help them develop in their careers, defining career progression plans and short / long term OKRs, which align with individual and company’s objectives
Identified Opportunities/Business Development:
- Build the rapport with the client to identify and realise technical solutions
- Use industry knowledge and experience to highlight risks and gaps
- Act as a point of escalation for the team
- Advocate and develop a harmonious technical team
- Be responsible for the day to day enquiries of the team
- Mediate conflicts and realign differences
Why work with us?
Beyond is at the forefront of its industry. As we grow the London office, this role will really make a difference, having significant growth potential. We also have offices in New York, Austin and San Francisco, allowing you to work with a wider global technology team as we define and implement technical procedures tailored to us.
Perks of Working at Beyond
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome new office space
- Agile working
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- Minimum of £500 flexible benefits allowance such as healthcare & dental
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off for free and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so a total of at least 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
***We are open to talking about flexible working at interview stage. Want to know more? Ask us when you apply!***
A link to your portfolio and LinkedIn profile should be provided to be considered for this position.
If you think this role is a match for you, please submit your CV and optionally a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team. If you would like to know more about the role, please reach out to email@example.com via LinkedIn.