Beyond is looking for a Product Designer with a focus in user interface design to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, Warner Brothers, News UK, to name a few). As part of a hyper-collaborative multidisciplinary product team, you’ll help set the vision for end-to-end user experiences, and work hands-on to turn that vision into reality.
As a senior designer, you’ll have full autonomy on products and will shape their approach and strategic direction. You are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals. You’ll use that passion to exceed client expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities across the studio.
What you’ll do:
- Design best-in-class user experiences/visuals through sketches, design comps and interaction/animation design.
- Provide guidance and oversight for more junior designers to encourage their growth and ensure sound thinking and quality delivery.
- Support studio initiatives and client needs for creative design services as-needed.
- Design mood boards, storyboards, interactive page layouts, site grids, wireframes, interface demos, flow charts, and shoot/retouch/enhance photos as-needed.
- Support the product development process with production design, management and delivery of design assets, including style and implementation guide when necessary.
- Craft beautiful, on-brand presentations for internal work (e.g. pitches) and client workshops/meetings.
- Travel to clients’ offices when needed to better understand their environment and build empathy for their challenges.
- Document your work when necessary in the form of presentations, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Plan, participate in (and often lead) workshops with colleagues and/or clients.
- Approach every problem with a lean UX mindset, supporting product quality, innovation, and rapid time to market.
- Create happy, thriving partnerships within nimble, collaborative, multidisciplinary teams and with clients.
- Mentor more junior designers to encourage their growth and ensure sound thinking and quality delivery.
Who you are:
- Your focus is UI, but you have a calling and affinity for other areas of the product development process and a strong appreciation for UX.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing for consumer-focused tech and/or agencies.
- You have a clear design aesthetic that influences your work, but you’re also able to adapt your design approach to mesh with different brands and other designers’ ideas.
- You dabble in one or more related disciplines like print design, photography, video production, illustration, space design, etc.
- You have experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- You have an interest in and experience working with digital strategies or collaborating with digital strategists.
- You are comfortable working toward pixel-perfection or with low-fi sketches, depending on need.
- You can bring your designs to life with a number of design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You are familiar with working in an agile environment.
- You have a people-centered design approach, and are constantly looking to improve your decisions through user feedback.
- You are driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics.
- You want to learn and grow in your discipline, and regularly seek feedback from coworkers to help you do so.
- You have the ability and empathy to inspire others to deliver great work.
- You keep up with developments in the design community and wider digital industry.
- You have an online portfolio that showcases a strong aesthetic and experience in layout design, visual hierarchy, use of color and typography across platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile).
Perks of Working at Beyond
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome new office space
- Agile working
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- Minimum of £500 flexible benefits allowance such as healthcare & dental
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off for free and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so a total of at least 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
***We are open to talking about flexible working at interview stage. Want to know more? Ask us when you apply!***
A link to your portfolio and LinkedIn profile should be provided to be considered for this position.
If you think this role is a match for you, please submit your CV and optionally a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team. If you would like to know more about the role, please reach out to email@example.com via LinkedIn.