About Bevy: 100% Remote Organization
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In March 2021, we raised a $40M series C investment. For this funding round, we’ve built a coalition of investors that reflect the communities that we live in every day.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our People team who will support our fast-growing organization. You will demonstrate your collaborative abilities and be a strategic business partner that helps them to achieve their goals. You will solve complex organizational dynamics through a focus on people. Together with your team members, you will create the people strategy for your teams to allow them to hit their goals and, at the same time, support employees in realizing their missions. You will use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging partners, and build programs and processes at Bevy. This role will report to the Senior Director of People.
- Be a strategic advisor to the business and guide our People strategy to meet our goals by building trusted relationships with your partners.
- Implement and promote People programs and procedures, including performance check-ins, compensation, engagement, talent reviews, and career development.
- Anticipate needs, diagnose problems, and promote appropriate solutions. Identify and advise leaders on the development needs of their teams and departments. Coach our people managers on all levels to be excellent managers.
- Address and resolve employee questions, or complaints quickly, amicably, and with empathy by applying advanced knowledge of employment law and experience.
- Analyze trends and use data to help develop people programs and to make teams more successful.
- Consult with leaders, recruiting, and finance on an array of compensation topics, using benchmarking to make sure our compensation is market-leading, scalable, and internally aligned.
- Drive change management through communication, training, and rollout of updated or new people programs.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 7+ years of experience working on a team of HR professionals in an HR Business Partner capacity or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- SPHR Certification highly preferred
- You are comfortable with building a full range of HR responsibilities - from high-level strategy to program design to execution.
- An understanding of compensation planning and industry practices
- Advanced knowledge of HR compliance, employment laws, and health benefits
- The ability to coach and partner with different levels of employees.
- Ability to build trusting relationships while using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities and have the ability to collaborate with peers across time zones.
- Enjoy working with a small team, motivating your peers, and contributing to a collaborative and friendly workplace culture.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world through virtual events. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.