Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
The Event Experience & Management team is responsible for the core, virtual event experience that is front and center with our communities, as well as the event management and administrative flow. We work closely with supporting teams in order to ensure that our event attendees have a delightful experience.
On this team, you’ll work on the core, mission-critical features that powered Bevy’s Series B announcements in 2020 (https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/19/bevy-series-b/) and allowed Bevy to not only survive, but thrive during a global pandemic.
- Design, architect, & implement software features for the core virtual, hybrid, and in-person events within Bevy
- Research potential new technologies to support new product features in the roadmap
- Support Customer Success teams as they enable our customers to run events around the world
- Fix defects within the product - we allocate approximately 20% of our time to tech debt and defects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of team processes
- Design & implement software features for the real-time, on platform virtual events. You'll be working with our front-end developers to implement APIs for features such as WebRTC video calling, RTMP streaming, WebSocket based chats, AI moderation, getting attendee metrics, or more. We have lots of different types of problems to solve.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a strong developer able to work in our Django/React stack.
- You may have worked with a WebRTC Video API (like Vonage’s or Twilio’s) before
- You’ve worked with WebSockets and real time apps, perhaps one of the many WebSocket infrastructure-as-a-service services (Pusher, Pubnub, etc.) and/or Django Channels
- You’re a creative problem solver that loves to evaluate and make tradeoffs. We have to be reliable, because we might only have one chance to get an event right, but we also have to move quickly.
- Have a focus on delivering customer value. You think in terms of solving problems, not in terms of writing code. Sometimes, the best solution might not involve writing code at all.
- You can communicate to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. You’ll often be in the situation of releasing a new feature, then explaining how it works to a non-technical audience as it is used the very next day.
- You reside in Europe, North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.