Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In May 2020, we raised a $15M series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Enterprise B2B Product Marketing Pro to help us tell the story behind Bevy and CMX. While the Bevy platform was built to help brands build their in-person community events, we’ve experienced significant growth in our virtual events product and services. This role will be focused on crafting go-to-market plans and customer acquisition strategies that speak to enterprise and consumer brands looking to turn their global community into their most valuable asset.
Objectives for the role
This role will be focused on go-to-market strategy and sales enablement, working closely with cross functional teams to 1) improve lead generation, 2) increase conversion rates and 3) reduce the sales cycle timeline.
- Build and execute our go-to-market strategy around the Bevy virtual community and conference platforms as well as our CMX training, education and event programs.
- Develop consumer messaging to clearly and concisely convey the value of our platform features for the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Devise new and innovative marketing programs for both lead generation and customer engagement, including account-based marketing strategies and pipeline creation.
- Build the product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation and positioning.
- Understand and report on changes to the broader market context including market shifts, competitive threats and new opportunities.
- The PMM will have to post on forums, host Webinars, reply on Quora questions and occasionally blog.
- The PMM must collaborate consistently with other teams including Product Development, CS and Sales.
- Work closely with customers in order to identify pain points, customer insights and write customer success stories.
- Analyze the competition and use data to support the ideas we are communicating to our prospects and other team members.
- Understand and improve the lifecycle Bevy customers and identify opportunities for growth and optimization.
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience, with a strong focus on B2B product marketing
- Experience working with enterprise sales teams and managing lead generation
- Passion for crafting a compelling narrative that drives people to action
- Experience building budgets and programs that drive efficient growth
- A strong background in a strategic marketing or product marketing role
- A love of data and can analyze a marketing funnel; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven marketing plans
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for the leadership team
About the culture
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.