Using your knowledge of distributed computing and application development, you’ll contribute directly to the Bevy community management platform that serves millions of event attendees and community managers each day. You’ll work within our team to keep Bevy the market leader in real life community software through ongoing software innovation and attention to details.
Bevy is an early-stage startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Develop and ship features in Django and React that make attending an event, joining a community, or growing a community simpler and more delightful.
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Plan and automate tests that ensure software works as designed and deals with surprises effectively.
- Suggest improvements to processes to avoid undesirable, repetitive work or introduce qualities which increase desirable outcomes.
- Analyze effects that are happening in production systems to plan and implement improvements.
- You’ll collaborate on design of product features, sometimes doing primary design, sometimes proposing improved design.
- You’ll seek open source software that already solves the problem-at-hand or makes solving it simpler.
- Learn, learn, learn and help educate our team and customers about Bevy and better ways of getting stuff done.
- Work closely with everyone who has a stake in the Bevy platform and products.
You Might Be a Good Fit for This Role If
- You’re a hands-on, full stack developer. You have strong knowledge of modern day web frameworks and distributed computing, especially using Django and React.
- You’ve integrated open-source libraries and third party systems into your own software work reliably and efficiently.
- You like solving interesting, hard problems.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You’ve created user experiences that are simple, modern, and accessible.
- You’ve worked on applications which must be concerned with privacy & security. Experience applying OWASP ASVS or other standards is a bonus.
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
About the Bevy Engineering Team
The Bevy Engineering Team is currently a mix of engineers from across North America, united by our shared purpose of bringing people together in real life. For some of us, Bevy is our first job out of bootcamp, or university. For others, it’s not our first startup - some of us have founded startups before, or worked at startups with successful exits. Some of us run or participate in our own community events as well. We’ve grown together with Bevy as it has scaled from our first few customers to those we have today. We care a great deal about the right balance of startup scrappiness and reliable, auditable code. We share our learnings liberally. We’re excited by the challenges to come as Bevy scales to its next thousand customers. Will you join us on our journey?
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.