What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company dataset to drive business solutions including new product features.
- Discover actionable insights from data sources and develop novel algorithms and models through the use of statistical, machine learning or deep learning methodologies.
- Optimize and improve performance of the algorithms and models to meet product and business strategies requirements.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
What’ll Help You Be Successful
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distribution, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Knowledge and Experience in a variety of machine learning and deep learning techniques, e.g. NLP and its real-world application.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver data science projects to production with large scale dataset.
- Experience in Pytorch, Tensorflow, Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, Matplotlib.
- Experience querying and analyzing data from various data sources: Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in at least one programming language (Python etc.).
- Experience visualizing data for stakeholders.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Betterworks closes the loop between people, strategy, and results, enabling organizations to align even their most sprawling, dynamic teams. Industry leaders such as Intuit, Freddie Mac, Asurion, Udemy, Vertiv, HCSC, and the University of Phoenix rely on Betterworks to accelerate strategic growth by supporting transparent goal-setting, enabling continuous performance, and gleaning real-time employee engagement insights.
Betterworks is backed by Kleiner Perkins and Emergence Capital. John Doerr, iconic investor, OKR pioneer, and author of New York Times Best Seller "Measure What Matters," is a board member, and Josh Bersin, global HR thought leader, serves as an advisor.
At betterworks, we prioritize our people. In that spirit, we’ve put together a great benefits program to support our employees’ health and wellness that includes the the following:
- Health Benefits. Employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Employer paid life, long-term disability, short-term disability insurances
- Rest and Relaxation. Second Friday of the month off, end of year shutdown, flexible PTO policy
- Family and Parenting. One hour/day calendar blocks for personal time, 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Learning and Development. Free courses from top learning and upskilling platforms to support both your career goals and personal passions
- Discounts and Perks. Discounts on health & wellness, travel, television, internet & cell phone, entertainment and more. Reimbursements for work-from-home setup and internet.
Betterworks is backed by Emergence Capital (Series B), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and 8VC. BetterWorks has an experienced team from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce and Yammer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse betterworks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global betterworks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.