Human Resources Generalist
betterworks is looking for an innovative and dynamic HR Generalist that enjoys wearing multiple hats within an organization, and will be able to hit the ground running and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The person in this role will report to the HR Director and act as an ambassador for betterworks when interacting with candidates, new hires, and existing employees. They will support our day-to-day HR operations and help us continually improve the internal processes of our growing organization.
- Serve as the main point of contact for HR related inquiries
- Create a consistent, positive work atmosphere through the communication and administration of HR policies and procedures
- Provide recruitment support by managing our internal referral reward program, online job postings, interview coordination, and generation of offer letters
- Coordinate logistics for the betterworks’ onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Maintain and update HR data and personnel files, processing personnel changes
- Manage benefits administration including leaves of absences and open enrollment
- Maintain and update our internal HR wiki page/intranet
- Process incoming verifications of employment
- Partner with various internal groups to assist with payroll processing, employee events, and annual company compliance audits
- Support the continuous improvement of our internal HR processes
- Assist with miscellaneous HR projects as-needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Working knowledge of HR practices (recruiting, employment laws, compliance, benefits, etc.)
- Experience working with HR and office software (HRIS, MS Office, Google Suite, Greenhouse is a plus)
- Ability to operate with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills and approachable demeanor when working with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated capacity and desire for continuous learning
Our ideal candidate:
- Self-motivated, delivers with excellence while requiring little direct management and oversight.
- Clear attention to detail and proven to have high levels of accuracy.
- Highly flexible, adaptive, with a problem-solving orientation.
- Resilient to change and able to drive to creative solutions.
- Respectful of different work styles and approaches.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Understanding of HR, Payroll, and general business process.
BetterWorks provides continuous performance management for organizations like AOL, BMW, Kroger, GoPro, Sony Music, and Schneider Electric. It helps leaders easily improve employee performance through seamless goal setting and ongoing feedback. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City, and is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Emergence Capital, and 8VC. The experienced team comes from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce, and Yammer. Learn more at https://www.betterworks.com/.