betterworks is looking for an innovative and dynamic HR/Office Manager that enjoys wearing multiple hats within an organization, and will be able to hit the ground running and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The person in this role will act as an ambassador for betterworks when interacting with candidates, new hires and existing employees. They will support our day-to-day HR operations, and help us continually improve the internal processes of our growing organization.
- Serve as a point of contact for HR related inquiries
- Create a consistent, positive work atmosphere through the communication and administration of HR policies and procedures
- Provide support to our recruiting organization by managing online job postings, interview coordination, and generation of offer letters
- Coordinate logistics for the betterworks’ onboarding process (background checks, new hire orientation, required trainings, post-hire check-in meetings)
- Process personnel changes (acquire proper approvals, perform data entry, ensure changes are reflected in applicable internal systems)
- Coordinate logistics for the betterworks’ offboarding process (exit interviews/surveys, termination processing, document preparation)
- Partner with finance team to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Support the continuous improvement of our internal HR processes
- Assist with miscellaneous HR projects as-needed
- Support office setup, decorating, seating chart, and layout management
- Support ordering, shipping, and deliveries
- Manage facilities and relationships with vendors and service providers
- Meet, greet, and direct visitors and guests before and after meetings
- Support recruiting by scheduling interviews, and manage parts of the new hire onboarding process
- Proactively develop, implement, and improve processes to streamline office operations
- Lead one-off and ongoing special projects such as volunteer opportunities, and employee engagement events
- Some general administrative responsibilities such as meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to support ongoing operations needs.
- Manage health and safety protocols
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Working knowledge of HR practices (employment laws, compliance, benefits, etc.)
- Ability to operate with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills and approachable demeanor when working with all levels of staff
- Willingness to accept a high degree of uncertainty, jump in and help wherever needed, get hands dirty, and wear multiple hats on a fast-moving team.
- Ability to work independently, quickly learn organizational structure, and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and enthusiasm for new tasks and challenges
BetterWorks provides continuous performance management for organizations like Lumeris, Vertiv, Kroger, Akamai and Schneider Electric. It helps leaders easily improve employee performance through seamless goal setting and ongoing feedback. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City, and is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Emergence Capital and 8VC. The experienced team comes from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce and Yammer. Learn more at https://www.betterworks.com/.