Betterworks’ mission is to build solutions that motivate and delight employees. We are working with some of the world’s leading brands like Walmart and Intuit to disrupt talent management space with next generation talent and performance management solutions. BetterWorks is looking for an experienced Data Science Product Manager who can take our data and help build and productize models to contribute to our mission of helping people win at work. A PM at BetterWorks has “full stack” product responsibilities, working alongside our design, engineering, customer success and sales teams to build an incredible product. We are looking for someone who can straddle the technical aspects of unlocking insights from data and solving problems with the user’s perspective in mind. This data is key to helping leaders in companies understand more about their people from an engagement, goals, feedback and performance perspective.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Research data science industry trends
- Identify opportunities where advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning can create incremental value for Betterworks customers
- Understands how to setup MVP and differentiate what adds value as solution matures
- Develop a compelling Data Science vision across our product suite, and own a Data Science roadmap that is both ambitious and achievable.
- Prioritize work for the Data Science and Data Platform engineering teams based on industry trends, business mission and customer needs
- Manage and articulate a product backlog of ideas for the Data Platform and Data Science teams
- Understand pros and cons of using AI and how to deliver value through AI-based solutions
- Uses data-driven storytelling to communicate business value
What we look for in a candidate:
- Knowledge in Data Science
- Complete understanding of data science principles.
- Understanding of machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Understanding of quantitative concepts like statistical models and more.
- Knowledge of big data concepts.
- High level of self-engagement, project ownership and accountability, and drive to deliver outstanding outcomes as a team.
- Leadership and management skills are essential for collaborating with the Data Science engineering pod and managing multiple projects/products.
- Good command of various statistical and analytical tools and software like Looker, Tableau, Excel and more.
- Bonus points: Skills in various programming and database languages like Python and SQL.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, including communication with customers and industry experts.
- Problem-solving skills are crucial.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in either data science, data analytics, product management, or any related field.At least five years of experience in product management and data science.
- Bonus points: Experience in Enterprise SaaS growth-stage company a plus
Perks at Betterworks:
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience
- Balanced Work / Life with unlimited Paid Time Off
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Competitive salary with stock options
betterworks develops HR software to inspire and motivate modern workforces. Using the power of conversation, we help align work to goals, develop employees, and accelerate growth. betterworks’ easy-to-use, integrated solutions the way people work, driving more 1-on-1 communication, more feedback, and recognition – uniting workforces around a shared purpose, so they’re driven to achieve great things together. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an additional office in New York City, and is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Formation 8. betterworks has helped a variety of global organizations, including Walmart, Intuit, Vertiv and Schneider Electric to motivate their workforces toward collective achievement. Learn more about betterworks at betterworks.com