Today’s engineers live and work in multiple, different systems: Jira, Github, Trello, Asana, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc. We set goals within each of these systems, and collectively they bubble up to larger, more ambitious goals. When you expand to the broader R&D organization, then suddenly you have product managers, QA, and program/project managers using even more disparate systems to track an increasingly complex web of goals and dependencies, all in an effort to get a product or feature out the door. One can imagine how fast this problem grows as you expand to the rest of a company and its many functions. Life is complicated enough; your work shouldn’t be.
At BetterWorks we know the world of planning, management, and execution can be complex and subjective. We provide a platform that allows our customers to set goals in a manner that provides transparency, promotes collaboration, and integrates their existing toolsets to provide a holistic view of the world. Unlike previous platforms, BetterWorks integrates with existing workplace systems and software (Jira, Salesforce, Google at Work, etc.), becoming the system of consolidation, not just the system of record. Our platform goes a step further by tying employee goals into their professional development and performance, providing high visibility and transparency to both employees and management.
You’re a full stack commando, comfortable across the entire stack, end to end. You’re no stranger to context switching, capable of diving deep into model design one minute, and flipping into front end performance tuning the next. Features are described in the context of the associated call stack, thinking through the entire lifecycle of the call, from client side inception to back end fulfillment.
What You’ll Be Doing
Our client and server side architectures are solving increasingly complex problems. The relationships we model are constantly growing in complexity, and the associated UI has the potential to be monolithically unusable if left unchecked. As a full stack engineer your job is to define and drive the elegance in simple, efficient software and systems design, taking hard problems and finding efficient solutions for them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leveraging AngularJS, CoffeeScript, D3, and LESS to build an exceptional user experience
- Iterating with our interaction and visual designers to refine user experience
- Profiling client side performance to identify and correct bottlenecks
- Leveraging Python (Django), Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and other data stores to build scalable, secure software.
- Building out and iterating on the BetterWorks data model, including optimizing on the “right” data store.
- Hack on a wide range of interesting technical and business projects
What’ll Help You Be Successful
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Ability to manage time efficiently and focus on clear goals
- Pragmatic approach towards tackling unforeseen challenges
- Experience with CSS, LESS and Bootstrap
- Experience with Django and Python.
- Experience with Postgres, Redis.
- Infinite appetite for learning
Perks At BetterWorks
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Frequent guest speakers from around Silicon Valley
- Mentorship opportunities
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Daily catered meals
- Benefits & 401k plan option
- Fully paid parking pass or CalTrain pass
- Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
- Unlimited vacation