BetterWorks provides enterprise software to easily manage strategic plans, collaborative goals (OKR’s) and ongoing performance conversations. Betterworks software helps high-performing companies get aligned, and execute more effectively.
Why do we need you?
We are a growing team of mid and senior engineers in India taking on complete ownership of multiple projects that use varied technologies. We are looking to scale our team to almost double the current size in 2021 and see a strong need for technical leadership and mentorship to achieve the scale we visualize both in terms of the product and the team. Your role will be the lynchpin that contributes directly to this growth.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Staff engineer at Betterworks you will be part of an elite engineering team that will be laying down the architectural and process foundations for our product and take it to true enterprise-scale. You will,
- Work closely with our VPs, Directors, and product leads to create high-value technical solutions for our customers
- Design, architect, and deliver the Betterworks integration platform that will enable organizations to define and update their goals in the flow of their work.
- Own the end to end architecture of specific aspects of the platform
- Write high quality reusable performant code that will serve as the north star for the entire team
- Coach and mentor developers at various levels of experience and seniority to build a strong team
What’ll Help You Be Successful
- A minimum of 8+ years of overall software design and development experience.
- Understanding and experience in database design.
- Experience building scalable asynchronous backend systems using tools like Celery and RabbitMQ or Amazon SQS or others.
- Experience taking on ownership of legacy code and improving it with inputs from a team of seniors and juniors.
- Has taken ownership of technical debt for a team of 5 or more engineers and managed risks.
- Strong understanding of development and management processes such as version management, code review, CI/CD, and scrum.
- An attitude of continuous learning and mentoring and always putting the team first.
- Experience working on building enterprise integration platforms using any one of SAML, Okta, or OAuth for authentication and authorization.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior developers.
- Desired - Working exposure to any frontend framework like Angular, React, or VueJS.!
Life at Betterworks
- Flexible Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Paid Parental Leave
- Fully remote team with work 250$ one-time reimbursement for home office set up and 50$ monthly stipend for internet
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Betterworks teambuilder Employee Referral Program
- Bettercommunities Year-round Team Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Education and Development Opportunities
Betterworks® aligns, develops and activates your workforce for business growth. Through our easy-to-use, integrated software solutions and expertise, we help organizations replace outdated annual review processes with powerful Continuous Performance Management® programs that help managers be better at the conversations, coaching and development necessary to inspire and motivate the entire workforce to meet today's goals and be ready for tomorrow's challenges. Our solution supports truly global workforces, and is used daily by workers from more than 100 countries with localization support in more than 20 languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse betterworks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global betterworks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.