What You’ll Be Doing
As an Engineering team lead your role is to drive our core OKR application development using scalable, efficient software and systems design. You will drive modernizing our application and migrating from a monolith to microservices. You will also provide leadership and guidance to establish best practices for the engineering team.
- Leverage Python (Django), Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and other data stores to build scalable, secure software.
- Utilize AngularJS, React, and Vue.js to build an exceptional user experience
- Profile performance to identify and correct bottlenecks
- Evolve the BetterWorks data model to enable rapid development and scale
- Lead a team of developers through well defined projects, best practices, and effective mentoring
- Collaborate with designers and Product Management to deliver on key initiatives
What’ll Help You Be Successful
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience as team lead or other technical leadership role
- Ability to work alongside a Product team to determine effective and time efficient solutions
- Ability to manage time efficiently and focus on clear goals
- Pragmatic approach towards tackling unforeseen challenges
- Experience with Django and Python or the ability to switch stacks with ease.
- Experience with Postgres, Redis or similar technologies
- Experience with CSS, LESS and Bootstrap
- Experience providing in depth code reviews, structuring projects, and providing mentoring
- Infinite appetite for learning
- Experience with Scrum methodologies and remote teams is a plus!
Life at betterworks
- Company Sponsored Commuting Costs (Train or Parking, etc., by location)
- Snacks, Drinks and Lunch Provided Daily
- Flexible Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly Company Outings
- Bi-weekly In-house Happy Hours
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Competitive salary with stock options
- betterworks teambuilder Employee Referral Program
- bettercommunities Year-round Team Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Education and Development Opportunities
Betterworks® aligns, develops and activates your workforce for business growth. Through our easy-to-use, integrated software solutions and expertise, we help organizations replace outdated annual review processes with powerful Continuous Performance Management® programs that help managers be better at the conversations, coaching and development necessary to inspire and motivate the entire workforce to meet today's goals and be ready for tomorrow's challenges. Our solution supports truly global workforces, and is used daily by workers from more than 100 countries with localization support in more than 20 languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse betterworks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global betterworks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.