We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our talented finance team at our HQ in Redwood City, CA. The Staff Accountant is a full-time position reporting to the Controller. This role is responsible for performing the day to day Accounting and Finance Operations functions at BetterWorks. The Staff Accountant will be working closely with the Senior Accountant and Controller to perform the full accounting function at BetterWorks. This is an excellent opportunity for a technology-savvy individual who wants an opportunity to contribute to the full accounting function.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable; cash application and collections.
- Responsible for facilitating Accounts Payable; inputting and coding vendor bills as well as preparing payment runs for review
- Administering and processing vendor’s W-9’s.
- Assisting the Senior Accountant and Controller with Month-End close responsibilities including cash and credit card reconciliations, analysis of account balances and preparation of reporting
- Assist the Senior Staff Accountant with tax filings, including 1099s, Sales Tax, Property Tax, etc.
Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years of relevant hands-on accounting experience.
- Experience with accounting systems (preferred Intaact), Bill.com and other financial systems.
- Experience with a Venture Capital-backed SaaS company preferred.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Strong Excel skills and general proficiency in MS Office.
- Public Accounting background with a national firm a plus.
- Excellent detail-orientation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and respect for confidentiality required.
Life at betterworks
- Company Sponsored Commuting Costs (Train or Parking, etc., by location)
- Snacks, Drinks and Lunch Provided Daily
- Flexible Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly Company Outings
- Bi-weekly In-house Happy Hours
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Competitive salary with stock options
- betterworks teambuilder Employee Referral Program
- bettercommunities Year-round Team Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Education and Development Opportunities
Betterworks® aligns, develops and activates your workforce for business growth. Through our easy-to-use, integrated software solutions and expertise, we help organizations replace outdated annual review processes with powerful Continuous Performance Management® programs that help managers be better at the conversations, coaching and development necessary to inspire and motivate the entire workforce to meet today's goals and be ready for tomorrow's challenges. Our solution supports truly global workforces, and is used daily by workers from more than 100 countries with localization support in more than 20 languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse betterworks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global betterworks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.