BetterUp is looking for a People Engineer (Senior Scientist) to join our team to shape how we design and build product experiences that enable professional coaching at scale. Our mobile-first product connects coaches with individuals, creating powerful relationships to drive behavior change and transform a new generation of leaders.
Our People Engineers partner tightly with our product managers, product designers and software engineers to craft experiences that leverage the latest research and best practices in positive psychology, organizational behavior, and peak performance coaching.
We are headquartered in San Francisco with the majority of our product, people engineer, design and development team distributed across the country. Our collaborative approach to product development helps establish a highly connected and high performing environment.
This is a full-time, salaried position available on-site at our San Francisco office or Remote. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
You will apply your deep knowledge of psychology and evidence-based coaching techniques to validate product design assumptions and inform the shape of our overall product experience. You will participate in the product development lifecycle, jumping in when needed at any point from discovery, to design, to development to training. You will communicate a practical and applied perspective of the latest research, influencing decision making across the organization.
As a part of the Product Team, you will embrace a fast-paced working environment that navigates uncertainty by frequently experimenting and rapidly iterating, always focused on learning and improving . You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes.
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- Advanced degree in Psychology, Education, Organizational Behavior or a related field. PhD or PsyD preferred.
- Deep knowledge of psychology and a passion for coaching
- Comfortable diving deep into literature, surfacing the best research
- Track record of practically applying subject matter expertise in a business setting
- Can communicate complex projects practically
- Experience writing in an instructional manner for a general audience
- Adaptable to working in an agile, fast paced environment
- Passionate about our mission to "help every professional pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion"
- Naturally curious with a desire to push boundaries of what's possible
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
We provide amazing benefits, and if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- "Volunteer days" to give back to your local community
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement and promotion
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.