Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
At BetterUp, we're on a mission to help people everywhere live their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. We're a pioneering technology company backed by significant investment, valued at $4.7B, and poised for significant growth. Drive real change while developing professionally. This role is pivotal as we journey toward our IPO. Join an exceptional finance team where awesome is our average.
Shape the future of BetterUp with your insights. From corporate modeling to SaaS metrics, you'll be at the heart of our financial future. You will work closely with senior leadership, becoming a trusted financial advisor.
What you’ll do:
- Corporate Modeling: Take ownership of the corporate financial model, ensuring accuracy, and relevance.
- Investment Decisioning: Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive investment decisions that align with our strategic objectives and financial framework.
- Financial Analysis: Provide detailed Revenue and Gross Margin forecasting and analysis to guide business decisions.
- Quarterly Forecasts: Deliver accurate and timely quarterly financial forecasting to executives and investors.
- Executive Presentations: Craft and deliver presentations tailored for executive audiences, communicating key financial insights and recommendations.
- SaaS Metrics: Own and master SaaS reporting metrics, offering insights into business performance.
- Board Materials: Prepare and present materials for quarterly board of director meetings, ensuring clear and concise communication of financial performance and strategic direction.
- System Implementation: Assist in the rollout and optimization of Netsuite Planning and Budgeting to enhance financial planning capabilities.
- Ad-hoc Analysis: Tackle a variety of financial analysis projects as needed to support business objectives.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field. An MBA is a plus.
- 6-8 years of experience in planning, evaluation, business, and financial analysis.
- Ability to adapt swiftly in a rapidly changing business environment and exhibit strong mental agility.
- Deep understanding and expertise in SaaS business models and financial drivers.
- Experience in partnering with senior executives and influencing business decisions.
- Advanced Excel and Google Suite skills.
- Experience with Netsuite Planning & Budgeting preferred (or similar Planning & ERP tools).
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $111,050 – $166,600.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$127,500 – $188,550 : New York City
$118,300 – $177,500 : Nassau, Newburgh
$111,050 – $166,600 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse