Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As Staff Product Designer of our exceptional design team, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of our UX framework and design strategy to help professionals shape their journey of career and personal transformation. You will take risks and push design boundaries while constantly advocating for our members (consumers), partners (Fortune 5000 companies), and coaches. You will partner tightly with product and engineering to understand pain points, validate your designs, collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an ego-free environment that values finding the best outcomes.
If you are passionate about human thriving, applying UX thinking to complex system problems, and operating as a high-performing design team, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Be a strategic problem solver who will lead the most challenging strategic and business related projects often without an obvious way forward. Fully aware of adjacent dependencies, making sure solutions are pragmatic and have a high impact at the company level.
- Exercise UX strategy and processes to enable the team to identify the right user insights, goals, and problem framing. Effectively applies empathy and context awareness of the problem at different zoom levels: the user level, business strategy, technical infrastructure, and organizational structure.
- Execute the process of planning, navigating trade-offs, and creating meaningful user experiences — inspiring and ensuring that the products we build are designed to create impact.
- Effective communicator and brilliant stakeholder manager (leaders at all levels) who can collaborate closely with product, engineering, UX research, and UX writing counterparts to shape a data-informed vision for the user experience of our products.
- Make smart and decisive decisions and be comfortable and self-driven through ambiguity and uncertainty in an ever changing macroeconomy.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- You have 9+ years of experience leading and/or operating as an individual contributing designer.
- Bonus if you’re familiar with multi-sided marketplace experiences, service design or enjoy designing experiences beyond the screen.
- Passionate about our mission to "help every person pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion"
- Naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what's possible
- Methodical with strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
- Previous experience contributing as Staff to Principal level designer.
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates depth of skill in both UX and UI
- Experience communicating and demonstrating prototypes in various states of polish to coworkers and stakeholders using a variety of tools (Figma, Framer, etc)
- Experience leading the end-to-end design process and/or agile sprints.
- You have a track record of getting others to participate in, and contribute to, the design process.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $169,618 – $254,428.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$155,550 – $233,300 : New York City
$155,550 – $233,300 : Nassau, Newburgh
$155,550 – $233,300 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse