Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
What you’ll do:
BetterUp’s mission is to help people everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Google, Chevron, Mars, LinkedIn, ServiceNow, and Workday. Let’s build together!
The Director, Strategic Partnerships and Enablement will drive the rapid acceleration of our global partner ecosystem across HCM, CRM, ERP platforms, provide leadership for a collaborative, high-performing alliances and partner sales organization, and inspire, empower and motivate; while pairing business and revenue objectives with BetterUp’s growth initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, this role will work jointly with BetterUp's Sales, Marketing and overall leadership team to develop and implement joint-value partner programs, sales processes, go-to-market strategies, and business development initiatives that generate revenue and enable BetterUp’s Field teams. Specifically, this role will focus on exceptional revenue growth across all of BetterUp’s alliances, channels, and partnerships. This role will drive the following:
- Lead the effective collaboration of deal development between sales and partners at both new and existing customers to drive new logos & influence revenue. Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams’ mappings and ensure that teams are working together on the front line to identify, penetrate, and close large, complex, enterprise software deals. Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate co-sell opportunities.
- Build and drive joint co-sell strategy and business plans with SIs and consultancies, that include clearly defined go-to-market initiatives with key sponsors, milestone, and progress tracking metrics.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to oversee partner enablement to ensure partners are properly trained and motivated to sell and deliver BetterUp’s product offerings. Ensure standards for partner delivery excellence and customer satisfaction are maintained or exceeded.
- Work with marketing to recommend and help produce requisite and up-to-date assets that support overall Alliance plans and objectives.
- The ideal candidate must have 5 plus years of global alliances, SIs, channel sales, ISV, and/or strategic alliance experience in SaaS Enterprise Software or Consulting.
- The ideal candidate will have proven success driving partner revenue with SIs and growth with key systems integrators and business partners through an enterprise sales force.
- Preferred experience selling through HCM channels (Workday, SAP, Oracle, UKG, etc.) and channel exchanges (i.e., Salesforce AppExchange) and or HCM / CRM marketplaces.
- Must be a team player who is goal-oriented and confident, with aptitude to work both independently and also have the desire to lead and build high-performing teams. This individual must demonstrate an ability to get things done, build consensus, resolve conflict, and solve tough business problems, working cross-functionally. .
- Demonstrated ability to grow and close large global accounts through partners, selling a combination of products and services. Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding revenue quota and corporate objectives.
- Skilled at business planning, channel sales, and partner sales leadership commitment to the plan.
- Ability to articulate a clear vision of the future state, outline the steps required to get there, and secure the commitment of leadership to meet quarterly objectives. Diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks and coming up with appropriate resolutions.
- Strong capabilities in building and executing channel strategies while creating and presenting sales plans, setting milestones, measuring performance and being accountable for results to executive management.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable and flexible, able to work and thrive in an environment that is evolving and rapidly growing.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $140,000 – $245,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$160,000 – $245,000 : New York City
$150,000 – $232,000 : Nassau, Newburgh
$140,000 – $218,000 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse