Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As we build a best-in-class customer lifecycle marketing program for our consumer business, we are looking for an experienced, strategic and operational manager who will be responsible for leading the vision, ownership, and implementation of our customer lifecycle marketing strategy. You’ll develop effective omni-channel D2C marketing campaigns (with a heavy focus on email and push) and content strategies to drive member activation and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Build overall lifecycle marketing strategy for the D2C business
- Implement an email roadmap based on overall life-cycle marketing with an emphasis on email campaigns to drive subscriber growth and customer retention
- Execute email marketing campaigns including setup and design, content creation, proofreading, testing, approvals, scheduling and implementation
- Perform database segmentation, identify target audiences, create email lists, purge non-deliverable addresses, opt-outs and recipients unlikely to engage
- Ensure that email creative is visually compelling and on-brand
- Maximize the conversion of email list subscribers into customers and minimize subscriber churn
- Manage CRM and other marketing tools to ensure that actions taken on emails (email submissions, subscriptions) trigger the proper workflows - automated email confirmations, notifications, etc.
- Track, analyze and report metrics of email and push campaign performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- A/B test subject lines and creative and build winning attributes into future email campaigns
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 7+ years relevant experience (email marketing, CRM, lifecycle marketing) at a high growth consumer business (with at least 2 years managing others)
- Hands on experience setting up and running email marketing and push campaigns
- Experience copywriting, designing, and leading creative development for consumer-facing marketing campaigns.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data from multiple sources and uncover actionable insight
- Knowledge of HTML
- Be knowledgeable on email best practices, technologies, and trends
- Bonus: experience with referral programs, familiarity with Hubspot, Braze, and BI tools
- Ability to work independently as well as build effective working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Driven with enthusiasm for experimentation and continuous improvement, excited to try new things, measure impact and learn
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $102,600 – $174,200.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$116,150 – $174,200 : New York City
$109,300 – $164,000 : Nassau, Newburgh
$102,600 – $153,900 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse