Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Threat & Vulnerability Management team at BetterUp combines risk information with a detailed asset inventory to inform our security posture and gaps. We then use this view to prioritize security work and ensure we are meeting our compliance and regulatory requirements. Where possible, we also develop automation to automatically address security gaps such as misconfigurations.
Members of this team leverage skills in cyber security, vulnerability management, software engineering, risk management and data science in their daily work. Equally important, they also have the grit needed to operate in an environment that is always changing and often not fully defined. We are open to buying or building tools as needed to accomplish our goals in a way that will scale with our rapidly growing business.
What you’ll do:
- Play a pivotal role in building out the Threat & Vulnerability Management team at BetterUp
- Assist implementing Threat and Vulnerability tools to get more insight into BetterUp’s environment
- Work cross functionally to assist teams meet compliance and regulatory requirements
- Implement SOAR to eliminate repeatable processes tools Bullet 2
- Create and manage vulnerability lifecycle to consistently remediate vulnerabilities within agreed upon timeframes
- Make recommendations for suite of tools BetterUp should use in its environment Bullet 3
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Experience bringing order to the chaos of ingesting data from a wide variety of systems.
- Experience using a vulnerability management tool (Qualys, Vulcan, etc) to scan, manage and prioritize vulnerabilities
- Provide recommendations and technical guidance for the lifecycle of vulnerability management
- Experience writing software for analysis and automation problems.
- Experience utilizing SOAR tools
- Understanding information security risk measurement, ideally both qualitative and quantitative.
- Exceptional grit and a willingness to work in a fast-paced startup setting.
- Eager to contribute to the BetterUp mission.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.