Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is looking for an exceptional leader who is mission-driven, team-oriented, with a strong strategic mindset to join our team as our Director of Deal Desk (in the Finance function). You will be a key leader within BetterUp’s finance team and play an impactful role in driving the overall Deal Desk function for BetterUp’s Go-To-Market team. This position will provide Go-to-market deal structure, workflow, and process management for BetterUp’s Sales contracting process. This role will require strategic thought leadership and the ability to work cross-functionally with business leaders. To be successful in this role, you must be able to think critically, hold peers accountable and define solutions through both qualitative and quantitative approaches to decision making.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded, rapidly growing company in a newly created role. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role for those who want to make an impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and guide our Go-To-Market teams on best practice deal management & contract structuring. Nurture deals through the sales. cycle & our approval process in collaboration with Sales, Revenue Operations, and Finance functions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert to establish best practices within the sales, finance, and other internal team structures for the best sales engagement.
- Provide systems, legal, and pricing insight to enable a scalable and efficient turnaround.
- Design, implement and execute all processes for data flow and organization from initial request through deal closure and reporting.
- Deploy, manage and scale a best-in-class workflow, considerate of our partners, customers, and business complexity.
- Perform pricing and quoting analyses for customer deal terms, identifying ROI and LTV over applicable horizons.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- BS/BA (Accounting or Finance major preferred) with 10-15 years in a deal desk and commercial workflow and/or sales finance experience in a high-growth environment with increasing levels of responsibility, and demonstrated leadership capabilities and confidence in decision-making.
- Previous experience with software, SaaS, technology Deals Desk role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Excel skills are a requirement.
- Salesforce certified and/or strong deal flow systems experience required.
- MBA, CPA a plus.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.