Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As Communications Technician on the Learning Experience Design team, you will support the team in developing, implementing, and managing compelling communications for our members. You will have the opportunity to bring transformative experiences to life through member-facing campaigns that align to the BetterUp voice and tone. This role is both technical and creative where you’ll execute on communications initiatives to drive member activation and engagement, and you will help build operations processes and systems for scale. The role requires a team player mentality and the ability to plan and execute in a scrappy, highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment. You excel at managing a variety of responsibilities and you respond with openness, curiosity and resourcefulness to shifts in prioritization and the broader business environment
What you'll do:
- Craft compelling member-facing email communications as part of the larger member learning experience
- Schedule, build, launch, and report on member-facing email campaigns, communications strategies, and flows using 3rd party customer engagement platforms such as Braze, AWS, and Hubspot
- Maintain campaigns, adjusting/improving the flow and making provided copy changes as needed
- Build member journey maps
- Build and maintain scalable templates, lifecycle email automation flows, and attribution processes
- Manage outreach lists, audience segments, and campaign inputs for member-facing campaigns
- Assist in keeping track of where different communications are being handled (i.e., in product vs in other engagement platforms)
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to optimize deployment processes, including acting as a liaison between the product team and content writers
- Establish regular reporting and dashboards to monitor campaign performance and KPIs
- Support the R&D function in developing experiments across the member lifecycle to increase member activation, retention, and engagement
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 1-3 years in communications, journalism or marketing operations experience
- Strong copywriting skills
- Expertise using a marketing automation or ESP provider (Braze experience a plus)
- Proficiency with email HTML and CSS; bonus: liquid coding experience
- Experience with email segmentation, dynamic content, personalization, and campaign automation
- Experience with A/B test design, execution, and reporting
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn how to use analytic tools such as Amplitude, Looker, and Mode
- Experience with deploying online channels, including email, SMS, and push notifications
- Technical experience with API triggers and data synchronization
- Strong QA skills and attention to detail, and ability to build for scale and efficiency as we grow
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate cross-functionally as part of a remote team
- Creative problem solver able to apply expertise and learnings to new environments with new constraints
- Bonus: Experience working in B2B2C startup environments
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Y charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.