Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is building out its direct-to-consumer team and is looking for an SEM Manager to optimize and scale user acquisition by managing campaigns across a variety of paid search channels. The SEM Manager will be responsible for independent ad account management including campaign creation, day-to-day optimizations, A/B testing, and troubleshooting of Google Ads and other paid search campaigns.
This role will entail communicating effectively with the direct-to-consumer product and growth teams and enterprise campaign managers. The SEM Manager will operate with a high degree of autonomy and should be able to proactively identify new opportunities and think analytically. The ideal candidate is a scrappy self-starter who is excited about building a new business and wearing multiple hats to get the job done. As to be expected in a company moving as fast as we are, comfort with ambiguity is required.
What you’ll do:
- Own paid search advertising accounts for direct-to-consumer to drive user acquisition (namely Google Ads, Bing)
- End-to-end campaign management, from ideation, testing, performance analysis and iteration
- Independent ad account management including campaign creation, day-to-day optimizations, AB testing, and troubleshooting of Google Ads and other paid search campaigns
- Develop excel and/or SQL-based reporting to measure performance and test results from impressions to subscribers, present findings, and identify new opportunities
- Stay current with Google and overall digital marketing best practices
- Partner closely with Data Engineering and Marketing Ops to drive requirements for data needs and marketing stack
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience (mobile a plus) and proven track record of driving growth for other brands for direct-to-consumer (not enterprise)
- Thorough understanding of the Google Ads and Bing platforms, including campaign structure, optimization and experimentation features
- Proven success with keyword research, copy and landing page optimization
- Deep quantitative skills and analytical thinking to test and assess quickly what is working and not
- Ability to develop excel and or SQL-based reporting to measure performance and test results
- Experience gathering and utilizing customer insights and turning these insights into successful marketing campaigns
- Excitement about building a new business and ability to be fast and scrappy
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.