At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that precede health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As the Section Editor of our consumer content, you’ll be responsible for aligning with our SEO agency, our DTC go-to-market team, and our editorial team to write and edit SEO content that scales traffic to our blog and drives the right audience to our coaching solution for individuals. You’ll recruit freelance writers and work with a content marketing agency to publish up to 40 blog posts per month.
In this role, you’ll report to the manager editor of the BetterUp Blog, who you’ll work with to create an editorial calendar, report on results, and devise tests to optimize content to increase rankings or conversions.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in SEO, coupled with exceptional writing and editing skills.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate on SEO and competitive research to define monthly content briefs
- Prioritize new content and optimizations of historical content
- Edit 10-15 articles per week and write as needed
- Stay attuned to topical trends and work with consumer GTM team to integrate learnings from paid and other research to develop a strong content calendar
- Collaborate on strategies to meet organic traffic and conversion goals
- Report on results of monthly initiatives and optimization tests
- Write monthly SEO blog posts
- Assist agency/staff writers in uploading, formatting content, and internal linking
- Conduct audits to understand content performance and opportunities for future growth
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5+ years experience as a writer and/or editor or similar role
- Deep understanding of SEO in relation to content strategy and growing a blog
- Experience working with CMS and SEO tools (e.g. Clearscope, ahrefs, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Hubspot, etc.)
- Track record of managing an editorial calendar
- Experience in working with marketing teams to build a content plan that drives organizational goals
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines
- Topic expertise in leadership and career development, management, culture, and workplace trends a plus
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.