At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
Founded in 2013, BetterUp is an global-scale behavior development platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. The company helps managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. BetterUp mission is to help people everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion.
As work is fundamentally changing, companies are realizing the importance of investing in their people. The Covid pandemic has accelerated this dynamic. BetterUp is defining and leading a critical new category as work fundamentally changes in the next decade, placing coaching and care as the cornerstone of modern employee experience. Furthermore, the lines between professional and personal growth are rapidly converging. The enterprise market has been BetterUp’s point-of-entry, but the consumer opportunity is an even bigger addressable customer base.
The Direct-to-Consumer team (D2C) will leverage the success of the enterprise-focused organization to continue building a robust D2C model that services the needs of individuals across professional development, mental health, sleep, and nutrition among other areas. As demonstrated by their early D2C momentum, consumers are seeking personal development at unprecedented rates and BetterUp is poised to capture existing market share while creating a whole new category of consumer solutions.
We are looking for a D2C Customer Support Operations Specialist to drive our efforts to support, nurture, and delight our growing network of consumer focused coaches and members. Our ideal candidate has exceptional professional interpersonal skills, a passion for relationship-building and exceeding customer expectations, a deep sense of ownership, and an entrepreneurial spirit. They are energized by the opportunity to collaborate across multi-functional teams and to interact directly with our coaches and BetterUp members. This person is positive, resourceful, and curious - where others see problems, they see solutions and opportunities.
What you’ll do:
As to be expected in a company moving as fast as we are, comfort with ambiguity is required.
Below are major responsibilities of the Operations Specialist role:
- Provide efficient, effective, and delightful support to our members and coaches. While the majority of our support is provided via email, we’re looking for a teammate who is willing to dive into multi-channel support.
- Exceed customer expectations, by going one step beyond their immediate need
- Craft responses that enable coaches’ and members’ future success and positive experience in the BetterUp community. Document interventions to enable teammates and contribute to our support team's internal knowledge base.
- Provide billing support and management to a team of Customer Advocates and our consumers
- Handle escalated and complex customer concerns with the key objective of providing end to end resolutions for the customer.
- Effectively identify issues, de-escalate, and resolve with empowerment to re-engage the customer with the brand, following up with customers when needed
- Serve as the point of contact for customers with repeated or complex needs, provide proactive follow up to ensure expectations have been met or to reset expectations
- Be a functional product expert of the BetterUp platform
- Creating and socializing meaningful customer insights at every interaction, to help improve and shape the future of our product and service
- Collaborate internally and with our cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Deployment, Product and Engineering, to ensure timely delivery and excellent experiences for our users
- Helpdesk software expertise, preferably with Zendesk and Zendesk Explore
- Grow our network of coaches tailored to the direct-to-consumer offering by identifying appropriate profiles through coach and member feedback
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- 3-4 years experience delivering exceptional customer service and support
- 1-2 years general operational experience
- 1-2 years handling escalated or complex customer concerns
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration, customer service, and relationship building skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented multi-tasker
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a unique ability to collaborate across diverse audiences - is equally comfortable problem solving with engineers and communicating solutions to coaches and members
- Excitement about building a new business and ability to be fast and scrappy
- Proven success in a fast-paced support environment
- Driven to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Displays a passion for what you do while upholding personal and BetterUp integrity
- Excitement to learn new technologies and help customers succeed
- Zendesk, LiveAgent or Jira
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.