At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer with experience in building best in class business intelligence to join our team. At BetterUp we believe data is critical to our success and this team will be crucial to this strategy by delivering exceptional data that will drive key business decisions. If you are passionate about helping people reach their potential, thrive in a fast paced startup environment where you get to build the future, and love data then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Solve business problems by applying best practices and end-to-end ownership of data ingestion, data modeling, quality assurance, reporting and visualization.
- Apply software engineering principles (testing, version control, code reviews, CI/CD) to ensure scalable and reliable data products loved by end stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various departments to translate business requirements into scalable, trusted, well-documented data products that can be leveraged for self-service analytics.
- Research data quality and edge cases to grow the team's domain knowledge, better understand anomalies, automate unit tests and contribute towards a data driven culture.
- Build relationships with analysts, data scientists, engineering and product to align on a cohesive organization wide data strategy.
- Contribute towards a robust data security strategy ensuring maintenance and compliance.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Advanced SQL skills with 3-5 years experience with relational databases.
- Strong understanding and empathy for business users and their data needs.
- Experience with data modeling and developing pipelines (dbt, Airflow, python preferred).
- Experience with modern business intelligence (Looker preferred).
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
Diversity & EEO statement
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.