At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
Come build the future of data at BetterUp! We are looking for an experienced Director of Product Analytics to join our team. At BetterUp we believe that data is critical to our success. If you are passionate about helping people reach their potential, thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where you get to build the future, and enjoy driving the business forward with data, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Be the owner of all analytical efforts for our Direct to Consumer business
- Partner closely with Product, and Engineering leaders to guide the strategy of the B2B product by being the voice of our data, while helping partners understand both what the data says and doesn’t say
- Weave data into the entire product process ensuring that we balance measurement and moving quickly
- Create a strong foundational base of ‘metrics that matter’ to ensure we understand our business and how it changes. Translate metric changes into insights that make our foundational understanding stronger
- Partner closely with Engineering to ensure we are tracking the right data and building critical data models
- Play an integral role in testing strategy, weighing in on what should be tested, how to set up a test, and how to ensure proper measurement
- Evangelize data through educating the business on how to self-serve in Looker
- Play an integral role in helping define analytics strategy at BetterUp
- Proactively identify trends in analytics, big data, and data science, and raise the bar on analytics capabilities at BetterUp
- Report to the VP of Analytics, but is fully embedded in the D2C Product team
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5+ years of experience in product analytics. Experience leading a data strategy at a Direct to Consumer tech company
- Excellent analysis and communication skills allowing you to distill complicated results into simple recommendations and insights
- Strong ability to translate strategic questions into data questions and data answers into strategic recommendations
- A strong desire to be a builder of something new rather than someone that maintains something that was previously built
- Previous experience in Looker and Amplitude
- 5+ years of SQL, Python/R experience
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
Diversity & EEO statement
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.