At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We’re at a critical stage in our company trajectory and eager to add top talent to our People Team to increase our talent density and best support our growing, high performing workforce. This role will support our core HR processes at BetterUp in Europe and establish and execute talent strategies for key stakeholders. Our People Team thrives in a fast paced environment, can navigate working through ambiguity with an owner’s mindset, and requires the ability to both innovate and build programs and processes that will scale as we grow.
What you'll do:
- Must possess a high level of flexibility and adaptability to handle both day-to-day operational requirements of the role, as well as think and act strategically in matters related to larger-scale, organizational objectives. Must be comfortable and capable of switching roles continuously on a daily basis
- Proven employee relations experience and guidance, with an ability to manage delicate situations with fairness and appropriate outcomes
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment (technology industry experience a plus)
- Ability to tell a story using data. Experience creating analytics using Excel in support of HR business initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to solve complex problems and confident interacting with executives
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and practices in Europe
- Proactively assess team and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions, employee feedback survey) for client groups
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR and a minimum of 8-11 years of progressive of Human Resources experience; Post-graduate degree is preferred and SPHR certification
- Will be a true generalist, flexing to the needs that surface and comfortable building from the ground up
- Up to date on federal, state and location requirements
- Experience supporting or growing a company internationally
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.