At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As a member of our exceptional design team, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of our UX framework and UI patterns as we grow into our evolving brand identity. You will take risks and push design boundaries while constantly advocating for our members. You will partner tightly with product and engineering to understand pain points, validate your designs, collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an ego-free environment that collectively values finding the best outcomes.
What you'll do:
- Will be a leading voice in defining what’s next for our products — navigating numerous unknowns in a fast-paced environment, making key decisions in close partnership with product managers, data scientists, and engineering
- You'll lead design projects from brief, research, and concept exploration through prototyping, visual design details, motion design, and stewardship through development
- You will organize and conduct user research and test prototypes to understand people's needs and emotions and the resonance of our product—synthesizing the results to inspire empathy and bring clarity to the broader team
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Passionate about our mission to "help every person pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion"
- Naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what's possible
- Methodical with strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
- Previous experience contributing as the primary senior level Product Designer
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates the depth of skill in both UX and UI
- Passion for UX research and UX design
- Experience leading the end-to-end design process
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.