At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp Care combines the world’s leading 1:1 and group coaching programs with AI and evidence-based solutions to craft personalized plans for every employee. Our coaches and guides ensure employees are not alone in their journey. With over a million sessions delivered globally, our coaching program is unparalleled and our clinical and performance based outcomes support the transformative effects we can have for employees and the broader organization.
BetterUp intends to take the lead in focusing on preventative mental health by innovating a platform that benefits the vast majority of employees who otherwise are not engaged with a behavioral health system. Launched earlier this year, BetterUp Care is a human transformation platform built on the back of the world’s leading coaching offering that guides and supports employees through their entire mental health journey.
As we continue to grow rapidly, BetterUp Care is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to join us in improving mental fitness for all. In this role, you will build out a team and own the marketing strategy. We are looking for a strong story teller to help bring BetterUp Care’s message, product and story to the market.
What you'll do:
- Own and take responsibility for all Care marketing efforts, including defining and leading marketing strategy, building and leading the Care marketing organization and tying all activities into the Care’s GTM strategy and efforts
- Create a metric driven marketing organization that is nimble and able to scale with the rapid growth of the Care organization
- Be a steward of the Care story and led a strategy to support this story with strong customer led testimonials and experiences
- Partner closely with Sales, product and clinical leaders throughout the entire sales and product lifecycle
- Manage Care’s demand generation efforts, ensuring we are broadcasting our key messages and commercial teachings to the market and creating high-quality MQLs
- Manage sales enablement efforts, working closely with Care’s VP and RVP Sales to uplevel AE pitches and ensure right set of assets to support sales conversations
- Manage B2C marketing, ensuring our member marketing reflects BetterUp’s brand, is optimized to increase activations and continues to drive growth and awareness within our enterprise partners
- Manages Care PMM efforts, to provide a crisp view on our value proposition, positioning / differentiation and messaging. Works cross-functionally to develop and drive pricing and packaging.
- Ensure Care marketing efforts are connected to activities across BetterUp (brand, content, demand gen, etc.) and that we effectively collaborate across the organization
- Continue to push on new channels and ways to reach out to the market, e.g. experiential marketing, CHRO roundtables, insights-driven CHRO-level engagement
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing
- Experience in high-growth early and mid-stage start-ups, preferably with experience in Digital Health
- Experience and skill across multiple marketing functions (PMM, demand gen, B2B and member / consumer-facing marketing)
- Able to work effectively in a cross functional environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with rapidly evolving priorities
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Strong financial acumen to manage a budget and timelines
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.