At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We are looking for an experienced SEO strategist with a strong editorial background and the ability to handle a high volume of edits and optimizations.
You’ll work closely with a small team of staff writers and our in-house SEO strategist, to write SEO content briefs, conduct keyword research, write and edit SEO articles, and optimize already-existing content for our BetterUp blog. You will play a key role in growing our blog through optimizing content and conversions.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in SEO, coupled with exceptional writing and editing skills.
What you'll do:
- Conduct SEO and competitive research to create monthly content briefs -
- SEO optimize historical content, track progress, and re-optimize as needed to increase keyword rankings and organic traffic
- Perform competitive content analysis and provide recommendations on content optimizations
- Analyze content performance and conversions on the blog and collaborate on strategies to align organic traffic and conversion goals
- Report on results of monthly initiatives and optimization tests
- Write monthly SEO blog posts
- Conduct trainings on SEO best practices and keyword research for writing team
- Assist staff writers in uploading, formatting content, and internal linking
- Conduct audits to understand content performance and opportunities for future growth
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5+ years experience as an SEO Strategist or similar role (experience in B2B marketing a plus)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to think analytically and design
- Deep understanding of SEO in relation to content strategy and blogs
- Experience working with SEO and analytics tools (i.e. SEMRush, Google Search Console, ahrefs, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Hubspot, etc.)
- Exceptional organization
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines
- Technical or international SEO experience a plus but not required
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.