At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
Do you want to create video, audio, and multimedia experiences that truly enable human transformation? As a Learning Content Creator on the Learning Experience Design team, you play a central role in creating video and audio-based content experiences and development interventions for our members. You will help advance our mission of hyper personalization by creating new and innovative experiences that are enabled by compelling storytelling and cinematic visuals to drive behavior change. You will ensure that we develop evidence-based content and resources that are both engaging and effective.
This is a creative and detail-oriented role that requires an empathic, team player mentality, and the ability to plan and execute in a scrappy, fast-paced environment. You thrive in managing a variety of responsibilities, feel at ease with learning new technology, and you respond with openness, curiosity and resourcefulness to shifts in prioritization and the broader business environment. You set the bar in terms of quality and scale.
What you'll do:
- Craft compelling, effective, on-brand, interactive video, audio, and game-based content experiences using instructional design, UX, learning pedagogy and behavioral science principles
- Design and produce multimedia offerings that are visually beautiful and emotionally resonate
- Write scripts for interactive video and audio content
- Prototype, develop, and test learner-centric digital interventions in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Evaluate the impact of your work and drive continuous improvements in partnership with our assessment and effectiveness team
- Customize our existing content to meet customer needs
- Liaise with subject matter experts to ensure that content creation and quality is aligned with BetterUp’s standards for scientific rigor
- Take ownership of ad hoc projects from end-to-end, collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional and program team stakeholders
- Effectively manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- MA/MS or equivalent work experience in creative arts, multimedia, learning science, psychology, or other related fields
- 5-10 years of experience conceptualizing, developing, producing, and editing user-facing content, ideally on personal development and behavioral science topics, across different forms of media
- Interactive, motion graphic, animated, live action, broadcast media production experience
- Meditation or podcast production experience
- Graphic design skills
- Multi-stakeholder project management experience
- Passion for developing content related to coaching, psychology, and other fields that relate to human well-being, development and flourishing
- Comfort with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have both a curiosity and the skills to analyze and make meaning out of data and translate data into action
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.